• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smokey must be feeling better, he bit me!

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Well, little Smokey, who I've been nursing for a year, giving an inhaler 3 times a day, lots of treats and fibreplex daily to keep his tummy in tip top condition bit me.
I feel a bit bad because I've been panacuring them this week and he's obviously had enough of stuff being put near his face, he's been a nightmare its been like trying to worm an eel! However today he had a bit of a runny tummy so I had to clean his bum, he wriggled like mad and then grabbed my arm, I continued to wipe his bum so he grabbed it again and hung on like a bulldog, he broke the skin and its come up in a big lump. I am very proud of myself in that I didn't react,as I was scared he'd fall or get hurt, but boy was it sore. I put some rearguard on him to protect him from the flies as they are really bad just now. I just hope there are no contraindications with the panacur. Thankfully there is only 2 more days to go before the 9 days are over. I suppose the positive thing is he must feel pretty good to put up such a fight, he's worse than any of the healthy ones.

:shock::lol: My goodness what a bad boy:lol: It's great that you could keep your cool when he snatched your arm :shock:My goodness I probably would have jumped :oops: And that coming from a former mouse breeder that got bitten so often by the young ones :rolleyes::lol::lol:

He must be feeling better.Ive been dressing Willows paw with flamazine and the other day he bit my tit,arm and took a chunck out of my finger.I knew then that he was feeling better.He is the grumpiest bunny I have ever met but I still love him because hes got a big character

Yeah, Smokey is much cleaner today and it looks like his tummy has sorted itself out. Just been down and checked him and gave him a wee cuddle ( I suppose lately whenever I've handled him its to do something and not stopped to have a snuggle) he seemed to enjoy it anyway and didn't bite.

It was funny when Mike came in last night and said Smokey had bitten his belly, though.:lol:

Back