• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Your bonding experiences - has it always worked?

AnnaDelie

Mama Doe
Hiya :)

I will be bonding Hiro and Kiki in a few months, although their the same age, Kiki is a pure mini and Hiro is a mini crossed with I think a dutch. Hiro seems more boysterous and pushy and Kiki fragile and friendly. I'm worried that their personalities may not "mesh" and I wouldn't know what to do, what step to take.

Have you had any problems with bonding buns? What was your solution? Or even if you thought they wouldn't get along (personality clash) they did in the end?

Just a little worried really.. I want everything to go smoothly although it may not do.

Sorry to say that bonding doesn't always work. Sometimes it's obvious as soon as the bunnies are in together and for some, like my Sally, they can be bonded and then some time later decide that they want a divorce. Sally has been married 3 times now and divorced the same amount.:(

But, some of the bondings I have done haven't looked great at first but end up working so you'll just have to judge by your bunnie's behavior.

Hope all goes well.:D

Helen

Really I think their personalities sound ideally matched. For one of them to be the dominant bun it is much easier if they're not both fiesty. :D

The two girls in our group were intitially bonded as a trio with Bilbo, a boy. The girls never bonded well and we seperated in the end as Puck was bullying Mina. However they're part of a group of 5 now and get on really well.

It was quite tricky for me to bond Molly and Faline as they're both very 'I'm in charge' buns. But Faline was much younger than Molly and still a baby so wasn't as confident as she is now. They have a really strong bond but I think if I had to bond them now it might not work.

alvins first bond at the rescue failed... it was hate after a day of love and then neither would back down :(

Really I think their personalities sound ideally matched. For one of them to be the dominant bun it is much easier if they're not both fiesty. :D

The two girls in our group were intitially bonded as a trio with Bilbo, a boy. The girls never bonded well and we seperated in the end as Puck was bullying Mina. However they're part of a group of 5 now and get on really well.

It was quite tricky for me to bond Molly and Faline as they're both very 'I'm in charge' buns. But Faline was much younger than Molly and still a baby so wasn't as confident as she is now. They have a really strong bond but I think if I had to bond them now it might not work.

Thank you all :)

Cheers Dee, I really hope they get along - the first time I got them out together (pic in my sig) and they seemed really happy, but this was still a "neutral zone" to them. The second time Kiki jumped from my arms and ran over to Hiro - he started pushing and pulling at her fur and found clumps :? I think this was merely because he saw this as "his area" and hopefully when I bond them in a neutral zone again he will chill out

Fingers-crossed :lol:

Back