• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

While I was away, I may have got a new rabbit...

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
So after my hugely debated and determined decision not to take on anymore rabbits my resolve lasted one measly week :roll:

This is Juno who came to stay with me during my sponsored ban.
moto_0370.jpg

She is named after the Roman Goddess of Counsel and is an orphaned wild baby. She has genetic splay leg in her forepaws and has fought off a very serious infection in the left one over the past few weeks.
moto_0367.jpg

She has 80% use of one leg but the other, infected one, is paralysed from the shoulder down and may have to be amputated when she is older. At the moment she has a splint, brace and daily physio to try and improve her movement and control in the hope the leg can be saved.
moto_0368.jpg

She was very tiny when we got her but has grown so much the past few weeks and is getting bolder everyday. She definately see's me as 'Mum' and comes to me whenever she isn't sure of anything.
moto_0371.jpg

moto_0372.jpg

Cuppa bunny!
moto_0369.jpg

She is a real sweetie and her strenght of character is incredible, it is so unlikely for a wild rabbit to have survived what she has been through thus far. Long may it continue :)

Aww, she's gorgeous! :love:

How did she come to be with you? It's amazing that's she's survived. What a lucky little bun :D

aaaawwww soo cute!! :D:D I hope her leg improves.. although i dont think that is going to stop her if she does end up with only 3 ;) Well done for saving the little darling :D

Thanks for all your lovely comments. We took her in from a rescue who were unsure what exactly to do with her and were considering PTS because they couldn't rehabilitate with their facilities.

She gets about fine on three legs now and can climb :)shock:) and binky so I really don't think an amputation would worry her, she is young and she has adapted. In fact she is sat next to me now periscoping to watch Poppy.

Well she's obviously a fighter so she deserves the chance that you have been sent to give her.

Keep us posted.

Helen

Oh Sooz she's adorable!!! I'm so glad she found her way to you to be her new mummy. I can't believe how super cute she is (careful you never know I might be tempted to bunny nap her :love::lol::love::lol:)

Back