• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How soon to bond after neutering?

Marreline

Warren Scout
Had my girl and boy done last Wednesday and had final check-up, all is well. Vet advised I crack on with the bonding asap but I'm not so sure. They're from the same litter and were delightful together until two months ago when Stew began some serious bunny loving which distressed and angered Dumpling. They've been living next to each other all this time and regularly sniff through the wire which separates them and they do clean, eat, sleep at the same time which is very cute (and surely means they are 'in synch'??!!)

So should I do as the vet says? I'm sceptical as there is still a lot of buzzing and whirring when one smells the other's chin rubs etc. around the house!)

Help! :roll:

I would leave it a bit longer for the boys hormones to die down and for the girl to recover from her op, as it is a much bigger deal for a female bunny.

Love there names :D

Back