• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Water Bowl or water bottle?

Mazda

Warren Veteran
Hello :)

Ive been thinking weather i should change the way pebble gets water from a bottle to a bowl. Because she has on drunk 150mls in 4 days! :shock: Which in my opinion isnt enough as she normally drinks that in about a day.

When i put her in her run today i put her 5" food bowl in the run full of water and she drank half of it in a matter on minutes.

DSC00337.jpg

As you can see she has two bowls.
The one with the water in is a rabbit bowl and the one with the carrot sticks in is a hamster bowl.

Now here is my question, shall i put her rabbit sized bowl in the hutch full off water, aswell as her bottle? And use the hamster bowl for her pellets, as they should fit in there. My only worry is with the bowl... what if she tips it? and gets covered in water!! :shock:

What do you think i should do? xx

Try her with both and see what she prefers.

Arthur can't work out the bottles bless him and has to have a bowl

She already has a bottle, but the past few days she hasnt been useing it! :roll:

Should i put both in the hutch? x

Mine have both and they all have different patterns to using them . Squidgy uses his bowl in the day, and his bottle at night.
Salt and Pepper use their bottle more often, but will dip their paws in their bowl.
Ruby never uses a bottle, but Bobby does, although he prefers a bowl.
They're handy for days like today, as I drop a few ice cubes in for them.

yeah put both in just in case but i think BOWLS are way better. bloody bottles are just awful, if i was thirsty id hate tht water bottle. they lap it out the bowl loads better:)

Max has a water bowl and he doesn't tip it over. He drinks alot more that way, I think it's a more natural position for them to drink from. My other 2 buns have water bottles though.

aww ok thanks guys :D

im just worried about her tipping it as she has flipped that bowl over before :shock::shock: :roll:

I think it really depends on the individual bun. My two have a bowl but they are house buns. I always think that bottles can't be very easy to get a good long drink from but equally, one of my outside buns (now at the bridge)used to get poo and hay and stuff in the water bowl so she had a bottle!

im gonna try it. :)

Ill put both so she has the choice.
Ill let you know if her nice freshly clean hutch... that she hasnt been back in yet stays dry! :lol: x

ive started to use both in this warm weather, th ebunnies however have stil not learned how to use the bottle :lol:

Mine has both but he drinks out of the bowl and rarely out of the bottle.. i only put the bottle there incase he knocks the bowl over and has no drink. i think he likes it cos he can get a better drink more quickly. xxx

I do the same as Ilovetoffee. When mine were indoors they had a coop cup attached to the crate which on a couple of occasions they managed to tip up so I always give a bottle too just in case, but I very rarely see them use it. They are in the playhouse now with the heaviest dog bowl I could find to stop them knocking it over :)

No, not yet anyway! I use the pastic feed bowls, that are quite low and wide. They also have a water feeder each, in case of spillage (actually Bobs and Ruby have been known to drink a whole bowl in an afternoon - unless it's all absorbed by Bobby's ears!!!)
They have a bowl, a water feeder and a bottle, so always water available.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370070931290

My rescue boy Obi is fine with the bottle however Yoda my young girl cant figure it out...now theyre both on bowls as easier...both seem to drink more with bowls...i think they're lazy buns :lol:

Yep, bowls you have to clean out more often, as they get all sorts in them! My outside buns can't have a treat ball, as they launch it into the water bowl within minutes!

Back