• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hector - Please Dont look if squimish UPDATE 2

rachelsawyer

Warren Scout
Hi Guys
Well Hector went to the vets on Monday and the vet checked his feet and said they had improved really well. He advised to stop using baytril and carry on with sudocrem. This morning i was getting my lunch out of the fridge gave hector some broccili. Turned round and saw blood on the floor. There was also a blood clot on the floor. It literally happened there and then, i cant think what he could have caught it on that quick and for there to be a clot on the floor so quick. Anyway rushed to the vets he has been admitted for the morning. I was sick, kept kangrooing the car where i was shaking so much. I felt like i was going to faint kept going dizzy. Vet calmed me down i was hysterical. black makeup down my face blood on me. Hector was such a brave boy all calm. Hes going to rabbit boarding tomorrow as i go on holiday Friday. So worried vet thinks it will do him good though as he will be confined to a lot smaller space giving his feet a chance to heel.
This is a pic of the blood. Obviously i didnt stand there taking this while he was in the carrier this is when i got home and to clean it up!!!
Hectorsfeet.jpg

Last edited:
Cripes! Poor Hector and poor you!! What a horrible shock. Sending healing vibes to him and hugs to you x I hope he gets much better soon x

Aaaaaw bless him I am sure he will be fine and your boarder will give him special cuddles whilst you're away. Enjoy your holiday

Oh hun, what a shock! :(

I agree with vet, Bobbin had a sore hock, three days in a confined, hay based space did his foot the world of good :) try not to worry, big (((hug)))

Vets have called, Hector is fine. poking his nose through the bars my typical boy. They said hes munched fine, mooching about in his pen/cage ( the nurses love him). His foot is bandaged and it stopped bleeding when we had come in earlier. Aaaawww bles my little boy hes so brave. I have an appt at 6.10 to discharge him and run through meds e.t.c:)

Hiya
Hector been to the vets again this morning. His foot is better then yesterday so thats good. He has to have his bandage changed everyday and baytril again aww bless my poor little boy. So just a waiting process for his foot to heal, he got to go next thursday too. I have spoken to the boarding and they are happy to do his bandage everyday and take him to the vets.

Back