PDA

View Full Version : What will hubby be more upset about?

AlisonA
29-07-2008, 09:47 PM
I have ordered my new ryedale 2-storey condo with under run, and for good measure I have had doors put on the ends of the bottom level as well, so I can attach a run to the side without restricting my ability to get to the hutch. They deliver in the "early hours of Sunday morning" - when they delivered to Janice she said they got to hers around 7am and were the 6th delivery of the day :shock:

So my question is this - when he finds out, will hubby be more upset about the a) 300+ or
b) disturbed sunday night kip

The Duchess
29-07-2008, 09:51 PM
Methinks Alison, that if yours is anything like mine, he would sleep through the delivery but be a bit cross about the cash......:D

Tinsel
29-07-2008, 10:07 PM
hmmm...that's a toughie.... perhaps the price could be (suggest you mumble this part) "150 plus Vat"...

AnnaDelie
29-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Hmm - is 300 a significant amount of cash to you? Does your hubby get up early on weekends (6am is verrrry early for me - I get up around 10am :lol:)

abbymarysmokey
29-07-2008, 10:10 PM
Defo the price.

When the Rydale men delivered my hutch, they didn't even knock on the door, just left it in the yard

hardybaby
29-07-2008, 10:12 PM
knowing men...........the early morning!

CazScho
29-07-2008, 10:13 PM
A bit huffy bout the money if he's brave enough to say so!!

Jack's-Jane
29-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Saturday night b4 delivery- tastey meal, bottle ( or 2 ) of vino and.....*cough*......well, you know......:oops:.......and Sunday morning wont exist for him :thumb:

As for the cost, well tell him it was a bargin as it was on special offer and normally costs ' significantly more'..............:?

biscuitblossom
29-07-2008, 10:14 PM
Depends if the money is coming out of his bank account or yours...lol...

Amy & Amber
Saturday night b4 delivery- tastey meal, bottle ( or 2 ) of vino and.....*cough*......well, you know......:oops:.......and Sunday morning wont exist for him :thumb:

As for the cost, well tell him it was a bargin as it was on special offer and normally costs ' significantly more'..............:?

Good tactics Jane!! I shall keep these for furture reference.

If it was Elgar he would be bothered about lie in xx

billysmom
:D Me defitnely thinks the money, just tell him it was a bargain, :lol::lol:

biscuitblossom

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

AlisonA
29-07-2008, 10:15 PM
We have a joint account so it doesn't make any difference where it comes from!

When the Rydale men delivered my hutch, they didn't even knock on the door, just left it in the yard

Oooh I can just imagine "ooh look what I found at the bottom of the driveway darling" :lol::lol::lol: :angel:

abbymarysmokey
29-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Oooh I can just imagine "ooh look what I found at the bottom of the driveway darling" :lol::lol::lol: :angel:

:lol: :lol: You could say the bunny faries must've left it :lol: :lol:

harpo
29-07-2008, 10:20 PM
tell him you told him about the hutch and the early delivery ages ago and it's not your fault he wasn't listening, then you could be offended that he wasn't taking an interest in the hutch.....he may then feel bad and not protest too much about it.

AlisonA
29-07-2008, 10:21 PM
:lol::lol: In all seriousness, if it's still dark when they arrive, they will have to ring us, because they stand absolutely no chance of finding our house before daylight :lol::lol:

It's coming this Sunday so not many days before I know which poll option is correct :D

tell him you told him about the hutch and the early delivery ages ago and it's not your fault he wasn't listening
I like your thinking...and I could so get away with that one. I do use it quite a lot actually...and sometimes it's even true :lol::lol:

minirex
29-07-2008, 10:23 PM
My O/H wouldn't be happy about the price or the early morning delivery :roll:

SarahP
29-07-2008, 10:40 PM
Early delivery, definitely! :lol:

louise and Gus
29-07-2008, 10:42 PM
:lol: :lol: I voted early morning :lol:

pink poker
29-07-2008, 10:46 PM
dont think he will be happy about either

Bunnyaddict
30-07-2008, 12:16 AM
My hubby would go barmy at the price, but then again I don't take any notice of him when it comes to my bunnies!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Bavarian Bunny
30-07-2008, 12:32 AM
I said the price, although judging by your house and your car, it shouldn't be so tragic. :lol: Just that it's for the bunnies, and not for him.
My boyfriend always complains that he can't buy anything nice for me, because I don't like all those things that women are supposed to like. So at least can can make me happy by buying a hutch. :lol:

Our hutch arrived just after 7 am, and they did not wake us, just put it in our front garden. I woke up because I heard them unload, but we then waited until later to move the hutch to the back garden. Ryedale hutches are so heavy, no one is going to steal them. :D

donna-arc
30-07-2008, 08:20 AM
I'm the same as Gisela - I asked them to leave our new hutches on the drive which they did. I didn't hear a thing nor did the dogs which was good as they said they'd deliver before 6am.
Trouble with that is you then have to bring them in and they are VERY heavy!

donnamt
30-07-2008, 08:22 AM
deffo the loss of sleep over the loss of cash

BirdieBun
30-07-2008, 09:26 AM
I say the money!!!! :lol:

AlisonA
30-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Trouble with that is you then have to bring them in and they are VERY heavy!
..in which case I think the answer to the poll is 'neither - but he will really REALLY whinge if he has to help move it...especially if it's left at the bottom of our sloping driveway' :lol::lol:

janice
30-07-2008, 08:16 PM
..in which case I think the answer to the poll is 'neither - but he will really REALLY whinge if he has to help move it...especially if it's left at the bottom of our sloping driveway' :lol::lol:

I would be sneaky and get up early and wait for them ... then get back into bed!

Piggiesgalore
30-07-2008, 08:33 PM
I would be sneaky and get up early and wait for them ... then get back into bed!

:lol::lol::lol::lol: like your thinking!

nic08
30-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Hi, I would also be worried about telling him he's going to have to move it to the desired location. They are seriously heavy and my hubby was not at all impressed at lugging it half way acrross the garden and nearly doing his back in!!! A few choice words were spoken in my direction and I hadn't let on about the exact price!:lol:

AlisonA
02-08-2008, 07:02 PM
Update: while I was out at the Rab Residence makeover today, they rang and confirmed a 4am delivery tomorrow :lol::lol: So he knows now...

After a brief 'what the heck do you want another hutch for', he was quite calm and accepting of the whole thing - I think he actually understood and appreciated my logic on this occasion :D

janice
02-08-2008, 07:04 PM
Update: while I was out at the Rab Residence makeover today, they rang and confirmed a 4am delivery tomorrow :lol::lol: So he knows now...

After a brief 'what the heck do you want another hutch for', he was quite calm and accepting of the whole thing - I think he actually understood and appreciated my logic on this occasion :D

I did warn you that they start early. Is it really worth you going to bed .... you will need to be specially nice to him tonight ;)

AlisonA
02-08-2008, 07:11 PM
They said they would just leave it - but it is so dark where we live and the houses have names not numbers so I'm not convinced they'll be able to find us without ringing up. I often have to go and wave the Ocado delivery down :lol: I think I'm going to make a DIY house sign to go at the bottom of the driveway tonight!

Bavarian Bunny
02-08-2008, 07:21 PM
Make a big cardboard sign in the shape of a bunny, that might help! I was thinking about doing that for the party last weekend, but didn't have the time in the end. :lol:

AlisonA
02-08-2008, 07:23 PM
Ooooh good plan...or it would be a good plan had I not taken all the cardboard down the tip not two hours ago! I will have a rummage, there must be some more here somewhere :D At least there's only one way into our lane, so I only have to make a sign for one side of the driveway :lol:

Steph
02-08-2008, 07:24 PM
Lots of piccies tomorrow please :)

Amanita
02-08-2008, 07:45 PM
My vote would have gone to "having to put it together"?

suey
02-08-2008, 08:18 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH..................(((Scribbles down to use at later date)))...........I love this method,!!!!!! :lol:

Bavarian Bunny
02-08-2008, 08:25 PM
My vote would have gone to "having to put it together"?

:lol: Luckily the Ryedale hutches arrive already built, so you just need to carry them to their final position and attach the run.

Kay
02-08-2008, 08:27 PM
Hello :wave: lovely meeting you today :D

4am!! I don't even know what 4am looks like! :lol:

AlisonA
02-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Hello Kay :wave: Lovely meeting you today too, I have 2 blisters and am covered in splatters of green paint (I got some on Sue too!)

I don't know what 4am looks like either - have found some cardboard, made a sign and am going to leave the downstairs hall light on, so hopefully they will find us!

Kay
02-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Hello Kay :wave: Lovely meeting you today too, I have 2 blisters and am covered in splatters of green paint (I got some on Sue too!)

I don't know what 4am looks like either - have found some cardboard, made a sign and am going to leave the downstairs hall light on, so hopefully they will find us!

Your blisters did look sore :(

My blue jeans are now green and I still can't get the paint out from my nails! :D Yeah Sue was covered too. The place looked great when we left though :D

AlisonA
03-08-2008, 08:51 AM
It's here :D I didn't hear a thing (hubby did, he says they arrived about 4.30 :lol:), and I'm even more pleased to note that they brought it to the top of the driveway - I was dreading having to drag it up the slope!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v117/AlisonA/03082008.jpg

*lily*
03-08-2008, 09:41 AM
That looks very nice, what an early delivery!

By the way, your house is lovely :D

Bavarian Bunny
03-08-2008, 12:51 PM
Yay! Looks nice!! They seem to deliver to your area first and then go further south. They probably do one big delivery round every weekend or so. We do the same with our deliveries to Scotland, on two or three days midweek. Just that we don't deliver at 4.30 am!! :lol:
I hope the bunnies will appreciate their new home. :)

Steph
03-08-2008, 04:25 PM
Alison that is a lovely hutch and Im glad you didnt wake too early :lol:

louise and Gus
03-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Which pair is it for :)

AlisonA
03-08-2008, 06:07 PM
:wave: It's for the nethies, they are safely installed and their run is now attached and they are investigating it in great detail :D Only thing is the dark compartments are on the other side, so I'm not sure where to fill up with bedding and where to put the litter trays...this could take some trial and error!

Would take some pics but it is very overcast so I'm not sure how well they'll come out.

hurricanhoney
03-08-2008, 06:10 PM
Looks great. :)