• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Norty Leo!

CottonMather

Warren Veteran
been trying to bond Leo with Aemilia and he keeps on biting her on the face :roll:
proper bites too...:( poor Aemilia was being really tolerant, but I couldn't keep her in that situation, cos as soon as he did it, it sparked fights (understandably!) - so have now split them.
she is a laid back bunny and wasn't doing anything wrong, so I wonder whether Leo is not bondable, or should I perservere or pehaps try him with different girls??? help! I'm not used to bonding failure! :shock::lol:

Try him with another girl to give him a chance. If that's doesn't work I would give up for a while and try a different time of year it might be the heat.

Where abouts are you attempting the bond? He might consider the area to be "his" area..

How much room do they have - shouldn't have too much as chasing can cause upset and they can get way excited

Oh no, I so wanted Leo to have a wife bun. From having him here I wonder if he is biting out of fear as he seemed so scared of being handled and is generally a nervous bun. Prehaps he just needs more time to realise there are good people (and bunnies) in this world.

Maybe just putting them together for a little bit at a time rather than leaving them together might help. I know it's not the recommended way but maybe in this case it might help. Sorry I don't have any better advice.

Oh no naughty leo!!! poor aemilia. Personally i would try him with another girl before rendering him unbondable :lol::lol:

which one is leo? is he the giant? :oops::oops::oops::oops:

who is the gorgeous yellow dutchie living with. Faye damn trifle it, we need some more piccies of your bunsters!!!

get with the programme Joanne :roll::lol:
Leo is the english lop, the yellow dutch is Mistletoe and she lives with Timmy (giant) and Silas...

I was bonding in 100% neutral territory, in a small space... I've not had face biting before, so was a bit surprised! I'm happy with a bit of bum biting (not me personally :lol)
He was trying to bite her face pretty much straight off, I'd separate them (gardening gloves job! :shock:, btw by separate I mean without removing either from the bonding area) and settle them... they'd nibble a bit of hay or carrot move around a little and then he'd do it again :roll:

I think I'll give him a little time to chill out and try again when he's not so timid... :?

Last edited:
My Dixie sometimes does this (when he's not trying to hump and holding on with his teeth :roll: ). No idea why though. I've given up bonding him here and he's going to Jill's to see if she can work any magic :lol:

Faye does he like banana? if so put some on top of Amelia's head..he may then lick there instead of biting face..it smells strong enough for him to notice it...
if that doesn't work I'd go for the slow bond as Liz suggested..especially if he is still nervous poor lad

Back