• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Whats The Hay expert like?

Well Lisa - the hay expert is lovely.

I know her by reputation but also had the pleasure of meeting her in person on Saturday at a Hay Expert 'Tupperware' style party at Bavarian Bunny's house.

We were given samples of the hay and I also bought some too.

I think that the meadow hay is actually from the same farm I get mine from and is actually very, very good.

We were given samples of the Brome hay too - bunnies loved it.

I also bought some oat hay and my bunnies have been given it as a treat and are wolfing it down.

Can't tell you about delivery, although I suspect it will be very good.

Happy shopping.

Helen

Thanks Helen:).
Will be ordering some hay tonight for them.
Will order some Meadow hay for everyday use and some oat hay for treats:)
Thanks again.

i buy all my hay from hay experts... i usually order the alpha kings timothy hay and oat wheat and barley hay, oxbow brome hay, burns green oat hay and pure pastures meadow hay... plus loads of the yummy treats they sell too :D:D

They are great. I get the tester packs and it has a sample of different hays. Honey likes the Timothy hay and Brome the best. She likes the dried grass but I only give it her for a treat.

I buy both meadow hay and timothy and rye (by the bale) and give it freely.

The timothy that comes from the US is expensive by comparison with the bales I get that are grown locally. The hay experts sell Timothy that is absolutely wonderful quality and totally dust free but I don't know if they only sell the prepacked stuff. I can't afford to buy from them as I have 16 bunnies of my own and 2 fosters currently.

I would think that it might be okay to just give it provided that it's introduced gradually, but I think that it might work out very expensive to be honest unless you have a local supplier.

I think that the only hay that I wouldn't give freely is Alfalfa. Too high in protein and should be given as a treat.

i buy all my hay from hay experts... i usually order the alpha kings timothy hay and oat wheat and barley hay, oxbow brome hay, burns green oat hay and pure pastures meadow hay... plus loads of the yummy treats they sell too :D:D

*bunnies drooling at your choice*

I bought a bag of the Alfalfa Kings Oat, Wheat and Barley and they love it! Too pricey for anything more than a treat though with 18 mouths to feed.

*bunnies drooling at your choice*

I bought a bag of the Alfalfa Kings Oat, Wheat and Barley and they love it! Too pricey for anything more than a treat though with 18 mouths to feed.

18 :shock::shock::shock: theyd destroy a bag in minutes if they are anything like miss greedy pearl :lol::lol::lol:

Echo what's been said - great choice and service. Lisa is very accommodating and when asked if I could think of anything else the bunnies wanted/ needed ... I came up with a big fat zero :lol:

Patience :lol: :lol:

Did you order the grow-your-own seeds? Highly recommended by my buns (2 of which are front toothless(.. and Lisas getting in dandelion seeds as well
5.gif

Patience :lol: :lol:

Did you order the grow-your-own seeds? Highly recommended by my buns (2 of which are front toothless(.. and Lisas getting in dandelion seeds as well
5.gif

No i didn't this time, couldn't spend to much but i will next time!

Delivery usually takes about 2 working days, at least if you order enough to have it sent by courier. Small things may be sent by Royal Mail, and then it depends on how they are doing. I never have to wait long, though. And the delivery charges are very reasonable.
My bunnies like the Alfalfa King timothy hay best of all the treat hays. I also like to get the various straw and seagrass mats. :)

Back