• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunny litter?

bug.dragon

New Kit
i just heard about this stuff called "world's best cat litter" and I was wondering if i could use that for my bun as it's made of nothing but kernel corn
"Because it is made from whole kernel corn, it will pass harmlessly through your cat’s digestive system and will not obstruct or coat your cat’s intestinal lining. WORLD’S BEST CAT LITTER™ contains no perfumes, chemicals, or sodium bentonite which may be harmful to cats....WORLD’S BEST CAT LITTER™ is made from all natural whole-kernel corn it is safe for cats and kittens of all ages without worry of ingestion, dust or allergy problems."
Does this seem like something i could use for him? I'm really trying to find a scoopable litter if possible...if he's not allergic to pine (which I believe he is not) and since he lives in a wire cage with great ventilation, could i try something like feline pine clumpable litter instead?

what's megazorb? right now i just use yesterday's news or another type of recycled paper bedding and vaccum the poop out with a dust buster every day adn change the overall pan every week, but i'm leaving my bun in the care of a friend for a year while i live in South Korea, and I was hoping to come across something she could use like a scoopable litter b/c she said she'd prefer to use something like that. (Her nose is way more sensitive than mine adn while i can't smell anything, she says she can)

I tried Worlds best cat litter with my bunny and she preferred digging in it to actually using it as a toilet so i got rid of it which was a waste of money as its really dear to buy. Stick with woodbased its safer. I put woodbased in the bottom of fudges litter tray then add carefresh as this really makes a difference to the smell and i clean it out every second day.:wave::D

if i should stick with woodbased, then would that feline pine be ok? (my friend already has the worlds best cat litter for ehr won cat, which is why i thought she could try it out, but if it's bad for my bun to digest, then nevermind) but they have a clumping feline pine formula, that's woodbased right?

I use the clmuping feline pine for my 9 yr old bunny and my year old guinea pig, I think its great stuff! it doesnt have a strong smell like other pine litter and it clumps so really easy to clean out. I used the worlds best cat litter for a while but my bunny took to eating it often and it made him gain some weight :oops: so I stopped using it. But because feline pine is made of pine he does not want to eat it at all. its nice and soft too which my pig love cause its in his whole cage! It lasts alot longer than other litters like shavings and carefresh and those types of litter because you only scoop out the litter that is clumped and the poop on its own. I would def reccomend it!

The clumping stuff is not so good, cos if bunny eats it then it can clump in their tummy.

but my bunny doesnt eat it cause it doesnt taste at all like food and he will eat mostly anything that you put in front of him because he is on a hay only diet. So I would definatly not worry about a bunny eating it. Watch them to make sure just in case but I doubt they would try to eat it.

but my bunny doesnt eat it cause it doesnt taste at all like food and he will eat mostly anything that you put in front of him because he is on a hay only diet. So I would definatly not worry about a bunny eating it. Watch them to make sure just in case but I doubt they would try to eat it.

But, just cos your bun doesn't eat it doesn't mean that another wouldn't. Personally i wouldn't take the risk, but then it is up to the individual bunny owner :)

that is true, no harm in trying and watching to see if the bunny trys to eat it. Who knows but if he doesnt try to much on it then your home free! and litter box cleaning will get alot easier! lol

Newspaper and hay is quite cheap, buy a big bale, get newspaper from friends. This way my monthly bedding (and partly food, cos hay is food) costs me £7 a month for four. Megazorb is about £8 (unfortunately P&P tends to be higher cos it's a big bag, I used to get it from a suppliers for horsey bits) and I used to find one of those bags would last between 1 and 2 months.

I used to use megazorb and also before that wood chippings for litter. My buns would dig it all out all over. So now I use newspaper in the bottom with hay on top. As others have said it is a lot cheaper. I also get a bale of hay which lasts me over a month using it as feed and litter for my two buns. It costs me £6 and newspaper is from the free newspapers that come through the door and I get my neighbours to save theirs for me too.

I used to use megazorb and also before that wood chippings for litter. My buns would dig it all out all over. So now I use newspaper in the bottom with hay on top. As others have said it is a lot cheaper. I also get a bale of hay which lasts me over a month using it as feed and litter for my two buns. It costs me £6 and newspaper is from the free newspapers that come through the door and I get my neighbours to save theirs for me too.

Digging was the reason I stopped using megazorb too. I have to change it more often with newspaper but it's easier to change.

I find feline pine not dusty at all, And you dont waste as much because you only scoop out the poop and pee. It takes a long time to go thru one box so it lasts longer.

Back