• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you let your buns stay out when its raining?

Mazda

Warren Veteran
Do you let you rabbits stay out in the run if its raining?

Because Pebble is out in her new run at the mo and it looks like its going to rain, she has the choice to go in her hutch or out in the run as they are conected, Will she be ok if she choose to sit in the rain?

Or shall i put her in her hutch and shut the door?
thanks xx

i let them be out but if they look bedraggled then i bring in and towel dry. again myne have the choice to shelter should they wish

For me it depends on how heavy the rain is. Like last night it was thunder and lighting so i brought them in, but if it is only light rain then i leave them out as they do have the option to shelter if they want to.

I let them decide. Arthur normally hides under the tree till its past, or will dash into his hutch if he doesn't like it.

let her stay unless its proper chucking it down....if she has the choice to go in her hutch, she'll go there if she feels uncomfortable :)

Mine stay out if it is warm and raining... They only go inside if there is eating to be done...
I dont make them go inside if they are enjoying it as they know they can go inside if they wish, they just dont!

i was gonna leave her out, but mum said it was best to put her in her hutch :roll: and put the covers down! :roll::roll:

i cant argue with mum really.

I let mine chose, sometimes they just sit out in it and get wet but we've made a tunnel out of breeze blocks and a big slab so they sit under there most of the time to shelter from the rain. The tunnel is also really good for the hot weather as it stays really cool.

have u got the fennel fold run? im assuming u do cus i know pebble has a thistle hall?

well if i buy tarpaulin with the eyelet holes u can clip it to the top/sides of the run so that it provides shade in the hot weather and shelter in the rainy weather! we do it with our zooplus runs cus they have the metal 'mesh' that a fennel fold has.

x

have u got the fennel fold run? im assuming u do cus i know pebble has a thistle hall?
x
No she doesnt have thistle hall... though i want it is deeper than the hutch she has!

She has this one..

http://www.feedem.co.uk/small-anima...abbit-shack-hutches-207/r-d-shack-co-1676.htm

and i got this run the other day from pets at home... hmm its not on the site.
But its the bordom breaker one, its made of mesh panels, so i can extend it when we have the garden sorted. x

My deps two boys Jack and Snoop are hardcore buns and love snow, rain, sleet, gales etc lol

Tell you what....not a days ill health between them ;)

Back