• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rain

HelB

Warren Scout
Just wondering what do you do when it is raining? My buns are in a large hutch but no adjoining run, the run is seperate on the grass. Yesterday morning I put them out as I was going to work (around 8am) as i knew it was going to be hot- my parents were in all day to keep an eye out but this morning because it was raining I didnt put them out. What should I do? Put them out regardless of the rain or wait till it stops then put them out.

I dont know if Toyah has ever been out in the rain but Rory hasnt so I dont know how much they would like it. I worry when I'm at work

My Eclipse has been put out in his run today (seperate from hutch) He likes the rain but also has a shelter he can go in if he wants to get out of it. Id say put them out.

So long as they have shelter in their run, they probably won't mind too much.

I have shelter in all of my runs and most of the buns actually like to sit in a shower - nice and refreshing I guess.

You could use tarpaulins as a temporary measure or some other kind of plastic sheeting over the top. You could also put a little hut or similar in the run itself so that they have somewhere to go and get of the wet grass.

I think I would only put mine out in warm wet weather though so they don't get too cold, not in the winter rain.

It is a run that doesnt have a built in shelter so we use a towel and a big piece of wood to make sure there is shade. The problem is that if i put a large box or something in for both of them to go into Rory is being a little ****** lately and nips toyah when she's in it. She cant have anything! I've tried putting 2 in and he always wants the one shes in. So will have to find a piece of waterproofing to put over the towel to keep the rain out. I will then try them in the rain but will wait for a day when i'm not at work so can watch. My parents will keep checking but wont just sit there like me - i love just watching them ha ha!

I have my run attached to the hutch and cover it with a shower curtain to keep the run dry. Those little clamps are good for holding sheeting down on runs :D

Back