• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mummy Pig and her Piglets

CottonMather

Warren Veteran
I picked this family up this morning...

A mummy pig and her 3 baby boys
babypiggies017.jpg

babypiggies003.jpg

Mummy pig is called Sorrel, she is very friendly
babypiggies007.jpg

But has a sore back :cry:
babypiggies002.jpg

This is Rocket
babypiggies008.jpg

Kale
babypiggies013.jpg

and Cress
babypiggies016.jpg

I'm 99% sure they're all boys, but will check again before I split them on Friday - amazingly these little lads will be 4 weeks old then! :shock:

They're up for adoption via honeybunnies, so if anyone has a lonely boar get in touch :wave:

Aww what happened to her back?

apparently she does that to herself every time she has a litter :? :roll:
stress?
I've not ruled out mites though, as the woman said that she had been treated for mites, but I doubt it was vet-bought stuff like ivermectin :?

Hiya I run a guinea rescue so have seen this alot yes new mummys often do hurt themselves! :cry:
I recomend babies if boys to be taken away at 3 weeks, I have had a 3 week old boar impregnante their mummy before!!! ;)

Hiya I run a guinea rescue so have seen this alot yes new mummys often do hurt themselves! :cry:
I recomend babies if boys to be taken away at 3 weeks, I have had a 3 week old boar impregnante their mummy before!!! ;)

I'm going to take them away at 4 weeks as they are teeny-tiny and pretty skinny - there were 5 in the litter... I wanted to keep them together for a few more days at least so that they don't get stressed out what with the move.
I'm watching their behaviour and there is no rumbling or anything going on

They're gorgeous :) I've had more mums and babies in this year than ever before, generally there seems to be a lot around. I had a very small boar born this year that I left in with Mum for an extra wheek.

I have noticed though that none of them have had any hairloss apart from one sow that came in with her babies.

Back