• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please help

GUVNOR

New Kit
I have the cutest most well behaved 6 week old baby lop ear. He is really good at using his litter tray, he spends most of his time free range around the apartment and hardly ever has any accidents. BUT I have put a bean bag next to the coach so if and when he wants to he can come and sit next to me. But 9/10 when he is on or next to me he pees. Surely he is too young for this to be a hormonal thing? And he doesn't go outside his tray anywhere else?
Whats the story?

My bunnies are litter trained but whenever Willow or Bugsy get on the settee they always pee on it.

Im not sure but I know a fair few housebuns that pee on sofas and beds but nowhere else except the littertray at all other times!

Sorry I can't be of any help! :wave:

All my buns had a habit of peeing on me when they were babies, I just had to get into the habit of having a waterproof mat on my lap. They all grew out of it eventually so I'm not really sure what can be done about it.

Mine wee in the litter tray and occasionally on my rug when they can smell one of the other bonded pairs. Its a territory thing - 'This is mine'! BUT, if i get anything new, be it a bed for the rabbits or a cushion or something one of them will always wee on it. I just dont buy anything new haha! Guess who runs my household!!!

Back