• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing.........Binky! :-)

Fluffy_Whabbit

Warren Scout
I decided to get Tinky a little female companion, and yesterday I did it! Sadly I had to buy at a pet shop, because there are no breeders or rescues that take in bunnies in my area. I looked through all the bunnies in the shop, they were all about 8 weeks old or so and there was a black one, 2 grays and a almost fawn-agouti. The little 'fawn-agouti' immediately caught my eye, I have a nag to go for those types of colors :p, and I hoped that bunny would be a female (since Tinky is also female and I want to keep them together). When I asked the guy at the store to check whether the rabbit is is male or female, I expected a lot of squirming and kicking, but there was no such thing! She was a little startled at all the sudden handling, but she didn't show any extreme fear and hardly struggled :) So I brought her home :D (I also checked her over for signs of mites and other things, and she lookes fine to me :D) I will be keeping her indoors while she is still so young, as Tinky is a lot bigger and might frighten or hurt her, and I have to get her used to me and her new surroundings. I think I can start introducing her to Tinky in a month or two or three :) (She is currently fast asleep on my lap Btw :love:)

Sorry for my long post :p lol

Here is Binky :D (she has a lot more fawn coloring than you can see in the pictures)
11045.jpeg
11046.jpeg
11047.jpeg
11048.jpeg

Hi there.

You bunny looks sweet.

Not sure if you realise (forgive me if you do) that you might have quite a hard time bonding two girls. The most straightforward pairing, unless littermates, is a mixed pair.

Were you planning on neutering them or is this the reason why you wanted a pair of girls, so that there is no risk of pregnancy and you thought you didn't need to neuter?

You will still need to get the girls neutered regardless of a pregnancy risk. If a female bun doesn't get neutered she'll not only be ruled by her hormones which can be very frustrating for her, but she will be at massive risk from uterine cancer. I think the figures are about 85% of un-spayed females at the age of 3-5 will get uterine cancer. That is not only painful for the bunny and ofter terminal, but very expensive for the owner.

My girl Sally came into the rescue un-neutered at the age of 3+ and when she was spayed, she has a tumor removed the size of a golf ball. The vet couldn't be sure that it hasn't already spread. This sadly, might well be the reason why she is very chesty and fails to bond repeatedly. She isn't in 100% health and once a tumor is in the lungs, there's not much that can be done really.

You'll find very little chance in my opinion of bonding unless they are calm from lack of hormones. Females at best are very territorial, more so I'd say than boys.

You may get some further ideas for other members on the forum soon.

Helen:D

She's a lovely bunny but ss the dutchess said you may need to get them both neutered before you can put them together as they come from different litters. My girls are the ones that are terratorial and it was a bit of a pig to get them together and they were both neutered :roll:

Back