• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does it annoy you

isla

Mama Doe
When you clean out your rabbits and let them out after, and they just sit in their litter boxes/ cages and eat all the new hay instead of running around playing?

Jess is usually the most playful rabbit in the world but when I clean out her cage (every 2-3 days)she acts like she's never seen hay before, even though she gets plenty of fresh everyday. Today she has spent maybe 30 mins out of her cage and I'm going to lock the door in a few hours. Its been open since 2.30!!!

willow does that every night as soon as i put fresh hay in the litter trays, but im always glad for him to do it, when he was poorly with statis i would of done anything to get him eating it

When you clean out your rabbits and let them out after, and they just sit in their litter boxes/ cages and eat all the new hay instead of running around playing?

Jess is usually the most playful rabbit in the world but when I clean out her cage (every 2-3 days)she acts like she's never seen hay before, even though she gets plenty of fresh everyday. Today she has spent maybe 30 mins out of her cage and I'm going to lock the door in a few hours. Its been open since 2.30!!!

Actually I love that bit. Everytime I clean out at the rescue its so heart warming to see all the bunnies enjoying your handy work and scoffing the new hay :love:

Yes mine do that too, but it annoys me more that Geoffrey the cat feels the need to do an enormous wee in his litter tray within 0.4 seconds of me changing it :lol::lol:

Actually I love that bit. Everytime I clean out at the rescue its so heart warming to see all the bunnies enjoying your handy work and scoffing the new hay :love:

Its nice to see them eating all the hay, just I'd like her to spend more time out of her cage. Tonight she has her pop up tent, furry tunnel and scratching post out, and they are all being ignored. And I know as soon as I lock the door, she'll want to play out!

Back