• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hot bunnies

*Spider*

Wise Old Thumper
I have been thinking this for quite a while. Do long haired bunnies stay cooler that short haired?
I was at dog training and this short haired dog seemed so much more hotter than Spider who's long haired. The woman said they have more insulation.
Also Toffee seems to be taking the heat in his stride but Ghostie is digging down to the concrete, drinking tons of water, and huffing and puffing.
Also African's wear big clothes so air gets trapped and keeps them cool... can this be the same thing... or am i being a total div? :lol:

Seems to make sense to me. But then if you look at the dogs from hot countries they tend to have short fur. Not sure really.

:wave:.

just said almost that on another thread.

shauny is in a foul mood and is really not himself, i can tell hes too hot and cant get settled. But our miss moll is sleepin a wee bit more but other than that shes fine, and isnt bothered and shes the fluff monster:lol:.
x

I think it's more about the density of the coat. Plenty of short haired buns have denser coats than long haired buns. Kiki is fluffier than Hiro but her fur is thinner so it gets more breeze in there

Yes, Anna, i think you're totally right. Short haired animals tend to have quite coarse fur where as long haired have quite soft hair (Spider and Toffee)
Problem solved :lol:

Back