• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'd like to help in Bristol.....

Scooner

Young Bun
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section, i wasn't sure where i should put it, but if there are rabbit rescues or people that need help with rescue buns in and around Bristol I'd like to offer my services.

I've been really moved after reading all the good things people do on here and i would like to try and help as well.

We could foster some outdoor buns, if they had cages as we don't have any spare. Maybe we could think of getting some? But I'm more than happy to come and help with cleaning of cages etc.

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section, i wasn't sure where i should put it, but if there are rabbit rescues or people that need help with rescue buns in and around Bristol I'd like to offer my services.

I've been really moved after reading all the good things people do on here and i would like to try and help as well.

We could foster some outdoor buns, if they had cages as we don't have any spare. Maybe we could think of getting some? But I'm more than happy to come and help with cleaning of cages etc.

Hi

You would be best to look at the list of rescues in your area then contact them directly.

You can search by area on the rabbit rehome section.

Hi,

Just wanted to stay that i'm am in Bristol too and would love to find a rescue but haven't had any luck, so I'm off to the Forest of Dean on Saturday mornings to help clean out / groom ect.

I start in two weeks time and can not wait.

It is in Cinderford, if you are interested in the details PM me - maybe we could meet / or left share.

She was very keen for help.

Louise

if gloucester is not too far ajs rabbit rescue now called carrot tops i beleive takes volenteers...but do ask first alison is who to contact there. alternativly maybe there are more places near you use the rabbit rehome to locate and contact local shelters. the one in forest of dead doesnt rehome tho i believe they just let the buns live out their lives there? not sure tho so dont woute me.

Avon Small Animal Rescue in Hallem has buns, its ran by a lady called Sharon, I think she sometimes advertises in the rabbit in need section under the username bunnies barn babe. There is also one in winterbourne, just google winterbourne rabbit rescue. There is also Bristol Rabbit and Guinea Pig rescue who have three sections Soundwell, St George & Downend. I cannot remember the website but you can email Rachael at bristolrabbitandguineapigrescue@yahoo.co.uk.

We have taken in three buns from a rescue in Westbury (not at all far from Bristol) called CottonTails. They have regular neutering runs to vets in Bristol so may well be worth speaking too.

The Cottontails website is really good, although I was a bit put off that they insist on having a hutch with attached run setup. This is not practical for everyone and alot of people don't like the thought of them out in the run at night because of predators. As long as a bun has regular exercise in a large run does it really matter if its attached.

The Cottontails website is really good, although I was a bit put off that they insist on having a hutch with attached run setup. This is not practical for everyone and alot of people don't like the thought of them out in the run at night because of predators. As long as a bun has regular exercise in a large run does it really matter if its attached.

I'm sure it doesn't really, as long as that what happens in the long term. Perhaps they've had issues with people who start off with good intentions but end up returning them when they just don't have enough time to devote.

I don't think there are problems with people who want to bring them in at night either as they also match up house rabbits if that's what you are looking for (which is what we did the first time around).

Thanks so much for all the info, i'll look into some of the Bristol rescues first and see who i can help out.

Back