• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi

mwl

Warren Scout
Am not sure if posting on rite forum, have just brought 4 young males rabbits - any advice gratefully recieved. how often should i clean cage, food, water plz? will post fotos soon

firstly are they neutered? how old are they are they currently in one cage? whaat size cage are they in? what are you feeding them? are they litter trained.......so many qs before we can help...basically cleaning depends on if using a litter tray or using newspaper or all over hutch and do you mean cleanig run or just hutch also are they indoors or outdoors

DSC01027.JPG

these are my new babies

ok initially you need to firstly double check you do have males.
2. i would say that they arre around 8-12 weeks maybe? i dont know but they look quite small and young. i would ensure that you are aware of the accomodation needs of buns as they will grow(not meant nasty just a lot of pet shops dont and sell awfully small cages/hutches) you will need to get them neutered as soon as vet allows to prevent fighting which wont be that cheap for 4 but its doable. then when old enough ensure you vaccinate against both vhd and myxi a rabbit savvy vet is a must! 4 rabbits will need a lot of space. most people use a dog crate(48inch) with 2 levels and attatched run for a pair of buns dependant on the breed you will likely need a larger area maybe 2 dog crates joined together and run. ensure hte house or rooms they will be in are bunny proofed...no cables around or covered if they are and not be too worried about poop and wee yet as they will probly not litter train well till neuter time. they will each need junior food for now and i would put at least 3 water bottles up for 4 buns.if they will be living outdoors you need for a pair of buns a minimum 5x2x3ft hutch with run attatched or run time of min 4 hours(run time is same in house) be aware boys are harder to bond so if they can all go together and stay together on recovery of ops then you will probly be ok.cleaning out will mean needing to ensure there is no soiled bedding find the area they are going and put a litter tray there fill it with carefresh or megazorb or woodchips provided dust extracted. they should have at least 2 or 3 hay racks and toys and somewhere to hide away in their enclosure.

my 8 yr old cat is very interested in them!!! I have 2 hamsters and alot of budgies

as a basic cage/hutch a rabbit should be able ot hop 3 times across it stand up fully stretched and the depth should be fully stretched bun.tunnels are good fun and stuff for them to toss as toys... introduce any new food gradually.as bunnys have very sensitive tums...how did you end up with 4 baby buns?

me and my kids are animal crazy. i just brought 4 males as an of chance. we have just lost our best friend to terminal cancer

Wat to be surrounded with something more precfecterion thad cancer

ok well in that case be sure to get a rabbit savvy vet and get them all neutered. else you will be upset at the fights that break out generally males aer hard to bond together but as they so young as soon as testicles drop then need to be neutered. sorry to hear of the freind you lost. what else did you want to know? or ask?

Back