• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit friendly weedkillker

Cornishlass

Mama Doe
Is there such a thing as a rabbit friendly weedkiller? I desperately need to kill our weeds but Smudge has free access to the garden. I don't want him poisoned but they have to die! PLEASE help. Thanx.

Sorry - didn't see earlier thread on this subject - tried to delete post but can't.

Last edited:
what sortv weeds are they? and no i dont think so i would keep him off the area for a few days if its a et freindly once dried typev thing or maybe try putting something like vinegar/lemon juice on them. or burn them then you can let him or her bun out after?

Yes, I guess I'll have to invest in a blow torch - watch this space :lol: Probably set fire to the whole garden!!

hi there. i dont use any weedkiller because of the buns but i use salt - its great on all the weeds that grow in the paths and patio! x

Our garden doesn't have much grass - it's all taken over by dandelions (which is fine for Smudge) and buttercup which isn't. It is COVERED in weeds! The patio is in such a mess we are getting a gardener in to clear it today. There are bushes that have grown together over the steps to the patio so we can't actually access it at the mo. The weeds are waist height!

How big is your garden? Is there no way that you can do some trimming back by hand first? All you need is a pair of gardening gloves, secateurs and then somewhere to put the weeds, like a big bucket. There might be all sorts of valuable wildlife hiding in those weeds, and using chemicals should be considered carefully.

Back