• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many sheds have we bought beween us on RU from Homebase?

jackiestone

Warren Veteran
I bought one.Hubby says that once we have bought them we have a contract with homebase and they have to sell it to us at that price,is that right?

Last edited:
I bought one.Hubby says that once we have bought them we have a contract with homebase and they have to sell it to us at that price,is that right?

im going to be in the minority as many dont agree with me but i heard that if something ig advertised at that price they have 2 sell it to you otherwise it is false advertising where they cud get in alot of trouble.

I got one! :wave:

I've ordered one of the shiplap ones

My sister is a store manager for Jaeger and she reckons they don't have to sell at that price if they don't want to, although they may do it as a goodwill gesture

my OH reckons that if it is a mistake they may just tell us they are out of stock and not getting anymore - that might cover them if it is a pricing mistake, i think they should sell them to us cheap because they are for a good cause!

There is usually a term somewhere on the website, that covers pricing mistakes. I had a quick look and this is what Homebase say:

4.2 The price you pay is the price displayed on this website at the time we receive your order. No other prices published by Homebase or Argos are applicable to these items. The following exception applies:

While we try and ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of goods you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund.

Sometimes, they will honour the price as a goodwill gesture but legally they don't have to. Hopefully it's not a mistake though and everybody gets their sheds. ;)

I just missed out on one :(

It came up as out of stock :(

It was going to be for when i bonded my group as well!!

If We Dont Get Our Orders Maybe We Could All Write Letters And Enclose Pics Of Our Bunnies And Say We Are So Disappointed;)

they don't have to sell it... they have to remove from sale for 24 hours to rectify the price. your contract does not begin with online stores until the goods have been despatched.

sorry to dissapoint you all.

Back