• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny behaviour... are yours obedient?

woodstock

Mama Doe
Ahh.. when i was away and I was missing the buns I watched some of the footage that happened to be on the camera.

Now bunny behaviourists out there.... can you tell me if Egg was being obedient, or if it was just fluke?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6neOsDVBtg

E&T definitely know their names, and sometimes with that tone they will stop what they were doing, or turn around and come back. But sometimes they don't! :lol:

Defo obedient! Mine defo know their names, the word 'no' and 'good'. But, sometimes i think its not so much the word, more the tone of voice. They're clever lil' things arent they! :lol:

Ant and Hoops most definitely respond to their names and Beemer and Trix are getting the hang of it. They also all come running when you call "Bunnies!" None-rabbity people are always amazed to see them come when you call them ... but we, of course, know that they're clever little things! :lol:

They know their names and what no means but they don't always choose to obey- sometimes I just get looked at briefly and then they carry on being naughty :lol:

the answer to that is yes and no.....they know their names, they know the word NO, they know when it's time to go home.....whether they obey or not depends on their mood.

Bramble and Poppy are so good. They know when I am phrasing them and when they are being told off! I love to watch them play together.

yours looks young so hes just haveing a good nose round before he comes down, in case he wants to explore when mommies not watching later :lol: i sit with all my buns foster and own all the time and watch and play, biggles is a pickle he knows "NO" "FETCH" and comes to his name if i cant find him, and i use differant tones a higher pitch when looking for him and a lower pitch if hes being nawty, its just "BED" at the moment he knows very well what it means but if hes doesnt want to go he will hide under my bed where he knows i cant reach him :roll: but ive had him since he was 12 weeks,hes 4 now, linus is another one im working on he loves my fella to peices, linus was kept in a small plastic box so found my kitchen over whelming and hid in the cardboard box i had for him, but as im the nasty lady who had to force feed him when he was poorly he will greet my partner with washes and binkys, he found it very hard to "veg" out too never relaxed always huddled, now with his new wife he relaxes so much, oh i could go on but i have 6 others and i will be hear all day :lol: but i do take notes and compare, its a little harder with the foster buns as i dont aways know there background, but the more time you spend with them the easier to realise when they are happy or off colour

I think obediant. :D
Faline knows 'no' infact she thumps and makes she she does whatever she was doing a bit quicker when she hears it.

Charlie watches us and as soon as we're out of eyesight he gets on top of the hutch to eat the herbs or goes and sits in the big planter full of grasses and has a munch :lol:

:love::love::love: Egg!

Carlton *knows* he shouldn't be on the sofa, if Ryan's on the imac at the desk, he only has to stand up for Carlton to get down. He will get down if you say "NO!" or "get down".

Doesn't stop him sneaking up for a sneaky pee when you're attention is averted though. :roll: :lol:

willow and cerys both know there names and they know full well if they are doing something they shouldnt. if one of them is sitting in a plant pot eating all the raspberries:roll:they jump out as soon as they see me getting near, then wait for me to turn away and jump back in again

willow and cerys both know there names and they know full well if they are doing something they shouldnt. if one of them is sitting in a plant pot eating all the raspberries:roll:they jump out as soon as they see me getting near, then wait for me to turn away and jump back in again

:lol: :love::love:

Yesterday I was running late for work & getting hay from the shed, turned round to find Rhia about to jump from her chair into the garden. All it took was 'Rhia No' for her to get down - I was :shock: that she actually took notice. Shes very intelligent so i knew she knew what I was saying, but usually getting told off thrills her & she'll waggle her tail at me :lol:

Definately understand, just means they know they're not allowed to do it whilst you watching :lol:

yours looks young so hes just haveing a good nose round before he comes down, in case he wants to explore when mommies not watching later :lol:

She's a 5 year old menace :lol: but agree with the 'explore later when she's not watching'.... it's just as well to herd them up early so they don't get any ideas! :) (the veg patch is up there!)

becki xx said:
Shes very intelligent so i knew she knew what I was saying, but usually getting told off thrills her & she'll waggle her tail at me

Egg does that too - tail waggling = I'm plotting my next move or i've just tried something naughty and I know I have.
Cheeky little monkey.

Before I got Boris I was under the impression that bunnies were pretty unintelligent,which they're definately not. :oops::roll::lol:

Marble's only obedient whenever there's food -_-.
If she doesn't smell food on you, she'll run away

Carpet's always very friendly
Diamond's just very conservative and very quiet~

Back