• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Beatrix Potter's birthday today

Hi everyone
I've just found and joined this site today, while looking up info on pregnant bunnies. I have 2 Netherland Dwalf rabbits:- Peter Rabbit & Daisy Doodles. We've had Peter for 16 months and got Daisy Doodles 3 months ago. ( She was from a breeder and has had a litter previously but she lost them) They have been kept together all this time, a true love match. Last wednesday Daisy started to dig in the run. Then on Friday 25th july 2008 she went in to a frantic nest building mode. I separated them and put her in her own hutch & run next to Peter's. We have set up a infared camera in hutch near her nest box. I have been on baby bunny watch all weekend. She has laid out side the box all weekend and yesterday she added more fresh bedding to the nest. I was convinced this morning that she is having a phantom pregnancy. Then as she was laying out in the warm shade I saw her belly move in waves. This was separate to her breathing. Little waves of motion accompanied by a jerk as if kicked.... ooooo! So exciting. Here's hoping she has her kits today on Beatrix Potters birthday. I will upload pictures and keep you informed. Hope this is the sort of things you post on here as my only other forum is my beading one. Hugs to all Christi

Back