• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Group Bonding.....

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
how would you BEGIN a group bond?

Option one - in a neutral pen 7 foot x 3foot

Option Two - in a neutral pen, octagon 'puppy pen'

Option Three - In a dog crate

Option Four, In a dog crate in the car

thanks x

Option Two - in a neutral pen, octagon 'puppy pen'

I put my new couples in a run for a few mins, if looks good, I then put them in a pet carrier together for 10 mins or so, so that they have to be together, transfer scents and can't chase each other! then back in the run,it works well :wave:

I'd go for option 2, small ish space but easy access if needed, could be tough getting into a dog crate quickly :shock:

:lol::lol::lol: omg i cnt stop laughing, ive just had this image of me trying to get in a dog crate to stop a fight

theres one thing ive always wanted to know....

when u get buns neutured...they are effectively 'de sexed' as it were..

so how will domino and peanut know the other one is a boy?? how can they tell

I wouldn't pick a dog crate either - it may be ok for a pair bonding, but if separate buns try to fight with each other & you have to separate, you will have a nightmare clambering about.:lol:

I always use a small pen - something easy to climb into if need be :shock:
When are you going to try it SJ?

i think on the 9th/10th.

my mum keeps telling me i shouldnt because domino gets angry when he can see peanut thru the mesh but i said thats bcus heres terratorial over his run... could be differen tin a neutral pen couldnt it?

they would have such a lovely home if they became a group

i know its domino thats gunna be the little monkey bcus he just loves pebbles and thinks shes all his lol!
they would have a shed, with a catflap for a zooplus run attatched. a second level in the shed too :)

but if they squabble :no: they get nothing lol!

I would go with option 2 as well, just make sure you think they are 110% together, then leave them another week to make sure!
Hope everything goes well :)

Hope everything goes well. I would go for option one, and possibly reduce space when you know no fights are breaking out. I'd want one to be able to get away if they were being chased.
Not sure how big a puppy pen is?

Back