• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter Training?

Amour_x_

Young Bun
Right so I've finally decided to litter train my little princess! Argh!

She is an outdoor bunny but always in the house so I thought it was the best bet anyway moving on...

I've recently bought a new hutch as she was living with her sister at my cousins house & when they were together the only place they had a wee was in all four corners of the bedroom which is odd as I thought they kept that clean.

But since she has come home in her new hutch has picked a certain corner to wee & do most of her poo's in (thankfully out of her bedroom). Sooo i've placed the litter tray there.

I've put some of the soiled bits into the tray along with sawdust.

Is there any tips or advice you could give me.

Am i doing the right thing?

Thanks in advance :p

Hopefully as she has chosen her prefered corner, the training will happen easily. If she wees out of the tray, soak up the wee with a tissue and put the tissue in the tray so she knows it's supposed to go in there. Do the same with any poo's, pick up and put in tray. After cleaning up the wee off the floor, spray the floor with white vinegar and wipe it up. That removes the smell from the floor.

hi there!! yeah youre doing great have you got some hay in the litter tray too so they can nibble and poop.. im in the process of litter trainging mine....;)

Back