• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

why does she do this?

kimd6200

Banned
ok probably a pointless thread but when i clean bluebell out i make sure shes in the garden first before i start but i can gurantee that as soon as i start shell come running down to me,grab the dustpan with her teeth n throw it out my way?:?:lol:she also drags the brush under her hutch and grunts at me.does this everytime without fail.does anyone elses bun do this?x:lol:

the answer is she is probably territorial and knows what your going to do, don't clean it while she is in it x

she doesnt come in her hutch she waits until im putting shavings int he bucket then grabs it.she has a 40ft garden run around in n she chooses to annoy me.:lol:

I've had indoor bunnies 'play' with the dustpan when I'm cleaning their cages out. In their case it's been more just hanging round me while I'm there. I've read all the stuff about them being territorial but not personally experienced it: Artie will lick my elbows when I'm crammed into a tight corner reaching the back of his dog crate!!

Artie's party trick is to bounce on the handle of the dustpan, which would cause it to flip up and he would get showered in debris!! He hasn't done it for a while so he might finally have realised the consequences.

bluebell nudges my bum cuz i have climb in her hutch to reach the back of hutch cuz its so big.she has a habit of knocking bucket over aswell so more sweeping to do.x:lol:

If I'm sitting in the living room on the settee Tinkerbell will come in and, instead of using the rest of the room to get round me, she will run right up to my legs and nudge them out of the way.

She also attacks the broom when I'm sweeping the house :D

bluebell nudges my bum cuz i have climb in her hutch to reach the back of hutch cuz its so big.she has a habit of knocking bucket over aswell so more sweeping to do.x:lol:

lol just be grateful she doesnt BITE your bum!

i kid you not!

when i clean out peanut butter and jelly jelly runs behind me and nips and digs at my bumt o get me to leave the cage alone!!! you got it lucky lol

She is just being territorial and spaying could help. What was the outcome of her wet rear?

All mine do the same when im messing about with their hutches or cleaning out :) I see it as spending quality time with them while im cleaning ;) It takes loads longer but I love hanging out and playing with them while im doing it :lol:

lol just be grateful she doesnt BITE your bum!

i kid you not!

when i clean out peanut butter and jelly jelly runs behind me and nips and digs at my bumt o get me to leave the cage alone!!! you got it lucky lol

Trip does that too :lol: He digs on my back and bum :roll: :lol: All the neighbours can here when im doing theirs is 'Trip your hurting mummy, stop scratching my bum, ouchhhh.....' :lol: They must thing the rabbits beat me up or something :oops:

:lol:
All mine do the same when im messing about with their hutches or cleaning out :) I see it as spending quality time with them while im cleaning ;) It takes loads longer but I love hanging out and playing with them while im doing it :lol:

Trip does that too :lol: He digs on my back and bum :roll: :lol: All the neighbours can here when im doing theirs is 'Trip your hurting mummy, stop scratching my bum, ouchhhh.....' :lol: They must thing the rabbits beat me up or something :oops:

lol im glad im not the only one!!!

shes such a little madam

Back