• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please give Ozzy your vibes

Starlight

Warren Veteran
As you probably know from a thread a while ago, Ozzy hasnt been too well, he is fine and bright in himself but the weight has been dropping off him fast. The vet thought it might be kidney problems as he drinks over 500 mls a day just for him to urinate it all out. Did a blood test and nothing significantly too high or low, so my vet is going to rack her brains over the weekend and call me Monday if she has found what it could be. Its made me down as i am watching him deteriorate slowly even though he is still happy and eating. His wife Sharon has been looking after him and he won't leave her side for too long either.

Please send loads of vibes, i am not too sure if this story will have a happy ending. :(

Oh dear :( Has he been tested for coccidiosis? Or e.cuniculi? Both of these can cause excess drinking and coccidiosis in particular causes weight loss too.

In the interim, be aware that coccidiosis is really, really infectious - it is spread by bunnies eating things (grass, hay etc) which has been contaminated by bunny poop - so it can be easily spread because bunnies do tend to poop everywhere! The spores become infectious after 48 hours so please, while you're waiting for a diagnosis, clean him out every day making sure that you catch every poop and don't let any go bouncing around the floor where the wind might send them towards other bunnies.

Good luck, hope the little chap is ok xxx

my vet did mention panacurring him incase of EC, but didnt mention the other. I will mention it to her on Monday thanks for telling me about it.

I would definately start him on Fenbendazole incase EC is involved.

Silly question but has he had his teeth checked? Its just that some Buns drink huge amounts when they have molar spurs. They cant eat much so fill up on water which they then wee out. They lose weight as their food intake is minimal and there aren't many calories in water !!

Sending vibes for him

:)

I would definately start him on Fenbendazole incase EC is involved.

Silly question but has he had his teeth checked? Its just that some Buns drink huge amounts when they have molar spurs. They cant eat much so fill up on water which they then wee out. They lose weight as their food intake is minimal and there aren't many calories in water !!

Sending vibes for him

:)

Heya, yes i am going to mention it to the vet when she calls tomorrow, thanks Jane i was waiting for your opinion:) He has had his teeth checked and no spurs :( He has been eating as well.

Back