• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is Bubbles f.a.t?

I was watching Bubbles run round the garden today and noticed her dewlap has turned into a double dewlap. She's quite a big bodied bun, with very fine legs. She's a complete animal with food and will eat anything!! I'm also wondering if she could be the reason behind Barney's mystery weightloss :idea::idea:

Bubbles: commonly known as Miss Piggy!!
Image038.jpg

If she's spayed and the double dewlap is new, it could be that she's being a piggy then, although she doesn't look huge in that pic. Can you separate them for a few moments for Barney to get some food, and get hold of a couple of treat balls for the food, that would help restrict her piggyness. I'd also suggest weighing them regularly so you can tell if they are gaining/losing, and a vet check for Barney if he hasn't been recently, he may have something like an early dental problem which is making him eat more slowly - and she is taking advantage!

If she's spayed and the double dewlap is new, it could be that she's being a piggy then, although she doesn't look huge in that pic. Can you separate them for a few moments for Barney to get some food, and get hold of a couple of treat balls for the food, that would help restrict her piggyness. I'd also suggest weighing them regularly so you can tell if they are gaining/losing, and a vet check for Barney if he hasn't been recently, he may have something like an early dental problem which is making him eat more slowly - and she is taking advantage!

Barney had his teeth checked about 10 days ago and they are perfect. I thought he had a dental problem which was causing his weightloss. I think I'm going to feed them seperately and maybe put bubbles on excel lite. Hopefully Barney will put a bit of weight on!

She don't look fat. Hattie is fat, check it out..
DSCF0015.jpg

:shock::shock:
Shes lost abit of weight since this photo, but look how big she was

She doesn't look overly fat I agree, but she's starting to put on some more weight. She eats like a starved animal, I have never known a rabbit like her!

Back