• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Mansions!

hollyd123

Warren Scout
Yikes, what a day!! OH and I have worked from 11am - 9pm on the new Bunny Run. Painting trellis takes a-g-e-s!

Trellis up, but not painted:

Garden001.jpg

Getting dark! Trellis all painted. The plants are on the trellis, but with all the galvanised mesh stuff on it, the buns can't actually get to them. You can just about see the cat...rabbit flap on this pic. The catflap to ages to install, the metal shed took some sawing!!:

bunnyrun004.jpg

One of the dogs demonstrating the run. The run looks tiny here, but its 12ft x 2ft. The gate is made out of trellis to.

bunnyrun010.jpg

Inside the shed. I have painted the slabs using floor paint. The run is made ready to go on the white area. Still a bit messy, will be finished in the morning:

bunnyrun012.jpg

Hope you like!!

- Holly -

thats amazing!!
great job!
i would show our buns, but id be affraid they would run away to go live with you, and i cant part with them!
im sure if i showed them, they would give it 2 ears down (thats like thumbs up in lops!)

Dont those metal sheds get really hot in the sun?
Wish i had your garden,my rabbits would have the whole lot though:lol:

Pleased you like it!

Heat wise, no, not too hot at all. I was painting the floor and OH fitting the catflap in it when it was REALLY hot outside, but we were fine inside :D It has vents etc.

they would give it 2 ears down (thats like thumbs up in lops!)
:lol::lol: made me laugh te he he :lol:

We have a metal shed for the lawnmower, tools etc. During the winter we find the shed is damp and the condensation drips from the ceiling. Also when it rains, the rain spreads across the paved base and the floor is constantly wet. We have to put the megazorb and anything we value up off the floor :(

We don't use the lawnmower as the 14 bunnies cut the grass for us on a daily basis :lol:

Last edited:
You have done a fab job of getting it all done, someone i chat to on another forums got the same shed and shes got fans in the summer and adds heat in the winter if it needs it, i'm sure they will live very happy in there.
:D

Yikes, what a day!! OH and I have worked from 11am - 9pm on the new Bunny Run. Painting trellis takes a-g-e-s!

Trellis up, but not painted:

Garden001.jpg

Getting dark! Trellis all painted. The plants are on the trellis, but with all the galvanised mesh stuff on it, the buns can't actually get to them. You can just about see the cat...rabbit flap on this pic. The catflap to ages to install, the metal shed took some sawing!!:

bunnyrun004.jpg

One of the dogs demonstrating the run. The run looks tiny here, but its 12ft x 2ft. The gate is made out of trellis to.

bunnyrun010.jpg

Inside the shed. I have painted the slabs using floor paint. The run is made ready to go on the white area. Still a bit messy, will be finished in the morning:

bunnyrun012.jpg

Hope you like!!

- Holly -

We have a metal shed we keep the hay and magazorb, litter trays in etc and it was lovely and cool in there just now. We dont get condensation problems in the winter or water running in on the slabs as we raised it up on joists and sealed it off so it is water tight. There is also an air vent at the back for good air circulation.

Back