• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What a hutch! U/D pics

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
i am getting some new hutches for my bunny boarding, and as of tomorrow we will have 3 new hutches!

6 foot by 2 foot by 2 foot!

me and mum r making them tomorrow, wish us luck!

Last edited:
:wave: Good luck building the hutches. Let's hope the weather stays nice because we're building a run onto our shed tomorrow.

Where are they from!!! Or are you making them from scratch???

I lvoe the size of the 6ft ones... so much room i think they should be made the minimum size for any rabbit...:D

I have a five foot long hutch, it's a double one too

101_1725.jpg

But Im thinking about making it into two single hutches so I can house another rabbit

The bottom level doesn't look quite as high as the top one so I don't think it's really big enough to split, the RWA recommend 6*2*2 for a rabbit. Instead - why not keep it as one good sized hutch and get your existing rabbit a friend? Then you still have two rabbits but they have twice as much space and get to have some company :D The bottom level doesn't look quite as high as the top one so I don't think it's really big enough to split in any case.

I have a five foot long hutch, it's a double one too

101_1725.jpg

But Im thinking about making it into two single hutches so I can house another rabbit

I have that hutch for my piggies id never put a rabbit in there as its not wide enough and also not high enough:? definalty isnt enough room if you spilt it into two hutches

Cheers guys :)

What can I keep with him?
Would a female rabbit or a male rabbit be best suited for a playpal
He's not been castrated yet but I do plan on getting him done if I don't get either another rabbit or another hutch.

well weve started! but stupid b and q man cut our wood wrong so the short version is they will now be 5 foot 8, instead of 6 foot but they r 2 foot deep and 2 foot high so its okay.

we managed 2 get all the wood, and the batton from b and q for £65, but with 15% off cus its 15% off weekend! think it cost like £58?

went to travis perkins n they wanted £119!

Ohhh cant wait for piccies :D

And I've just been and messured the hutch, the top and bottom parts are exactly the same height, it will be the angle of the photo. I will try taking another pic head on. :D

well weve started! but stupid b and q man cut our wood wrong so the short version is they will now be 5 foot 8, instead of 6 foot but they r 2 foot deep and 2 foot high so its okay.

we managed 2 get all the wood, and the batton from b and q for £65, but with 15% off cus its 15% off weekend! think it cost like £58?

went to travis perkins n they wanted £119!

Silly B&Q :lol:

I love building things - post some piccies when you've finished - exciting! :lol:

my dad is getting in a mood lol!

the doors wont be on today, but we will have 'the box'

so will post piccies in a bit!

Can't wait to see piccys!

Did B&Q deliver the wood or do you have to collect it yourself? I'm only wondering because we need to build a sort of hutch inside the shed and I don't have a car ATM.

Can't wait to see piccys!

Did B&Q deliver the wood or do you have to collect it yourself? I'm only wondering because we need to build a sort of hutch inside the shed and I don't have a car ATM.

we went n got it but if b n q is local to you they deliver for free if u spend £50

LOL cant wait to see the pics - I put my hubby in ours when we took pics for the business:lol:

"our hutches are big enough for humans"

LOL

would you say a 6 x 2 x 2 hutch is big enough for three piggies? i personally would think so but ive never had mroe than 2 pigs here at a time?

Cheers guys :)
What can I keep with him?
Would a female rabbit or a male rabbit be best suited for a playpal
He's not been castrated yet but I do plan on getting him done if I don't get either another rabbit or another hutch.

Please don't get another single rabbit without trying to bond this one - I personally think it must feel quite frustrating to be a social animal kept alone, but especially if you can smell other bunnies around but not be able to be their friend - and even more especially if you are unneutered and still have all your hormones!

Male rabbits will usually bond brilliantly with a female bunny - male/male bonds can work but male/female are usually more successful. Why not take him to a rescue after he's been castrated and let him choose his own friend, that way you can be sure the bond will work out :D

Back