• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toys? eating paper?

PrincessPeaches24

Warren Scout
Hi!:wave:
i was wondering if any of you have any ideas for homemade toys?
today i gave then a few cardboard boxes (plain, no covering or ink) and some shredded paper and they LOVED it! can they get sick from ingesting paper?? they are having a blast right now pulling shredded newspaper (with only veggie based ink) through the cage bars and ripping it apart and eating some. we have other toys from a pet store, but most of them arnt that interesting for the bunnies, or need to have treats stuffed in them, and the little chunkers are overwieght and on a diet...
and ideas!?

hay crackers so me fella has nicknamed em loo rolls stuffed with hay or they favorite treat, cardboard boxes are great for boredom i make tunnels and and towers out of them, just a nack of peicing together without tape i find hard, placing there food in differant areas they roam keep them busy, im sure there will loads more ideas my brains just gone blank for some reason :roll:

toys

You could use plastic lids off hot chocolate great frisbees. Or the small milk cartons (plastic 2pint) mine chuck them about add stuff inside couple of hard bics and makes a rattle. Oh and I didnt tell you this but I borrowed :D(with the intent not to give back) a plastic tube what they use underground I think. see it on my toys page www.hoppybunnyrabbit.com remember a toy box ours kinda pick what toys they want out sometimes we keep it on the floor.

Back