• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HELP-guinea pig not eatting or drinking,think he is dying

claire_wales

Young Bun
my guinea pig isnt eatting or drinking,he is still alive but he is weak,i have been giving him water through a baby medicine syringe but he still isnt drinking or eatting,is there anything i can give him or do for him?, i cant get him to a vet until tomorrow evening but i dont know if he will be ok until then.

my guinea pig isnt eatting or drinking,he is still alive but he is weak,i have been giving him water through a baby medicine syringe but he still isnt drinking or eatting,is there anything i can give him or do for him?, i cant get him to a vet until tomorrow evening but i dont know if he will be ok until then.

oh my gosh....take him to the vet as soon as you can!!:cry:
ive had a guineapig it died (of old age) how old is your guineapig?
and is he trying to eat or just cant?
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
im so sorry......! take him to the vet..

How is the guinea pig now?

no change yet but he will go to the vets today,i couldnt take him last night as i had work and couldnt get out of it,ive been giving him water through a syringe ive noticed he has a bit of a bad mouth i think the other pig bit him and thats whats stopping him he has tried to eat he has put his head in the food bowl but havent eatten,everytime i give him the water he seems a bit better

Has he taken alot of water?
You could try and syringe critical care or softened pellets but i would be dubious if he has an injuury to his mouth.

Good luck at the vets x

i have just had a look at his mouth,its just a bit red on the outside,inside his mouth is ok, he isnt even trying to move now,if it wasnt for his stomach moving with his breathing id think he was dead,i dont know how old he is as he is a rescue pig i took off a bloke that wasnt looking after him, i had 2 of them from him when i cleaned their hutch out when it came to me it was full of maggots in there but that was about 2 months or so ago now

Hope you get him to the vet soon.

Could it be a case of bloat? I had a piggie who had it and once we had been to the vets and got it sorted out, he was fine.

Is he very hot? It could be heatstroke in this weather.

He needs a vet ASAP though, lots of vibes

FC xx

When my gineau pig was sick he seemed to be in some sort of hypnotic trance and kept away from the other pigs, i know that they are unable to vomit and if they are in pain they will just shut down, could you try some juiced carrot with the water so he gets some vitamins?

Sending lots of vibes, have you checked for anal impactation, it may be that he's blocked up and uncomfortable, you can give piggies infacol too, I think?

Hope everything goes good at the vets...

have you asked on Guinea Lynx? I really cant stress enough how anyone with a pig emergency should go there, its the best forum for pigs medical advice.

Back