• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny sitting neighbours bun - oh dear!!!!!

Kaz Johnson

Young Bun
:shock:OMG our neighbours bunny has arrived, I could have nearly cried:( I am so angry at the way they have treated him although I know they love him. He is well fed albeit don't agree too much with the feed he has (I noticed he is selective feeding), but his nails are long, his hutch stinks to high heaven, their is sticky slimy poo on the hutch and stuck to his bum :censored:. My two mini lops look like Little Lord Fauntleroys compaired to him, I'm sure he didn't look this sad last year. I don't know where to start, I've cleaned his hutch out but have never had to get rid of stuck on poo from a bun bum before - any tips? There are clumps of it. So much so I've had to light a citrus candle to keep the flies away. What have I let myself in for!!!!! Anyway he seems happy enough running around on my lawn I just need to freshen him up a bit. Any help would really/advice be appreciated. I am keeping my rabbits apart from him and washing my hands in between.

Kaz :bunny:

(original post)
Hi, I already have two neutured mini lop males (nearly 1 year old) who are inseparable. My neighbour has asked if we would look after his unneutured mini lop male for two weeks. Any tips? He will be sleeping in his own hutch but should I keep them seperate for the two weeks? Could I let them play out together and see how it goes? I can see me having to sort out a shift pattern for myself for 2 weeks. Thanks Kaz

Last edited:
No, definitely don't let them play together. I'd be pretty cautious about just having an unneutered male in smelling range of a pair of males. Things like that can set off dominance fights. I'd suggest keeping him out of sight eg face the hutch away. If you let them lose cover the opposite set of buns hutch over so they can't see him out.

Tam

Just agreeing with Tam here. If possible I'd wash your hands etc before handling between them too. Best to use quarantine procedures when having any new rabbit around I think.
One of my males hates being able to smell other rabbits and starts being aggressive towards his bonded partner if he sees them.
Have fun looking after the other bun though. :D

I have a neutered brother and sister bonded pair and they are exactly the same. They love my french lop boy but if one of my other buns go anywhere near their run they start chasing each other. Definitely be careful with yours. Pam

Back