• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

snowy has gone missing...:(:(:(

bunlover

Warren Veteran
oh my god i had a lie in this morning as was on a late shift last night before going down to let them out... garden is bunny proof for escapes am 99%sure as i double and triple checked it. so they could be out while i supervise..... i went down and the sleeping compartment door was wide open and the litter tray tipped asqew the water bowl has been knocked over... i have frantically searched the garden and found only dora....snowy is not here... iv checked every where i can think of. i am hoping that somehow she has founda way out of garden and will turn up soon but i dont know as i found tufts of dora fur in garden like something had treid to get her.... am upset and worried been to try the neighbours and they all out so now doing up posters and going to try and climb up to look over the fences to see if she is there.... oh god... :(

Oh no :cry:

I can't imagine how you must be feeling. Do you have any foxes in the area? :cry: Is it possible that someone may have come into your garden and taken her?

Oh no, fingers crossed she is just hiding somewhere.

Was the hutch bolted?

yes but that bolt didnt always shut properly tho my otherhalf said hes sure it was shut properly last night.... but maybe not if either they got out or somthing got in..

Oh no :cry:

I can't imagine how you must be feeling. Do you have any foxes in the area? :cry: Is it possible that someone may have come into your garden and taken her?

no one can get into the garden as we are a mid terrace and the side gate is padlocked and heavy metal.... the fences they would have to have climbed over would be around 4 which is highly unikely. re foxes.... yes i have seen them around a few roads away but i havent seen them in our road or in our garden...normally i put the run against the hutch and around it as a second barrier but i didnt last night... god i feel guilty.

have you had a look for scratches on the hutch, the vixens are looking for live feed to take back to there pups at the moment as bin bags food isnt enough to carry back, how is dora? what about the other buns ? how are they? i doooooooooo so hope snowy will turn up, unless theres someone you know whos taken a fancy to snowy, or you really think the catches were not on properly, any burrowing under the hutch?

i have probs too with one fox shes determined but 2 of my buns are very good guard dogs they make a racket with there thumping, going to get a little carpet to soften the noise a little as im sure the neighbours will complain if it happens every night :( ive moved the baby buns indoors for now but i put the runs against the hutches too and even garden chairs they dont mind they get shade from the early morning sun, but if a fox came a long she would have to make a lot of racket to get to them, and i will be up ready for her.

i do hope its not the worst and she will turn up, but i would consider doing a few extra precautions foxes are very clever at getting in

hope you find her,keeping everything crossed,is she microchipped?

no she isnt :( but iv emailed all the local rescues including dreaded pah and have rung around vets have spoken to neighbours who are in and just doing a leaflet for the doors of those who are out... have made a nice opening so that she can get back into garden if she has gotten out the back (who how she did it unless jumped over hutch i dont know.... with water and food out dora is double checked and locked safetly in the hutch. tryign to do up posters on computer and it wont print properly oh is home in a min so hoping he can help. i have to leave for work at half 2.... and am on a late again tommorrow but am off sun and mon to do a bit more hunting.tom is off as of 1today till sun tho so can help me look.

Oh gosh... poor you!! Hope you find Snowy soon :? Cant imagine how you must be feeling... wishing you all the luck in the world. Keep us updated :(

I know how you are feeling,my cat who is 12 went missing,she was gone four days,we put posters up and leaflets through doors,she was found in someones shed.I also had a rabbit as a child that went missing,3 days later my mum found him behind the tumble dryer.I am sure you will get her back,thinking of you :love:

Back