• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

worming my rabbits- Smokey's better than I thought.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Well decided to worm the rabbits today, nicked the scales from work so I could weigh them all accurately. Treacle, who was too fat has lost weight, but so has Smokey, my bun on an inhaler.
I was a bit upset about this as I feel he's lost weight recently, I think its because I've not been able to look after him because of the op on my hand- was worried about trying to pick him up and then dropping him. Mike has done his best, but he is a bit forgetful and had forgotten Smokey gets banana at night to fatten him up as well as give him his medication (corvental 100)
Anyway, I ploughed my way through 10 of them, 3 tubes were missing as they were still in the car, which Mike had. Poor, little, on deaths door Smokey put up the stongest fight, and I ended up missing his mouth, it was like trying to medicate and eel. Some of the others had a wriggle, but he was a nightmare. To be honest, I was quite glad in a way as it shows he is still quite strong. I've left Mike to do Xena and Sorrell, the 2 freaky girls, but I've got to do Kizzy and she's rearing up on her hind legs to get me at the moment.
I also xeno 450 the guinea pigs, so thats the small animals done, the rabbits started, hopefully Smokey settles by day 9.
This weekend, I've got the horses, sheep,goats and pigs to do (if we can find a wormer for the pigs)
The joys of animal ownership.:lol:

Last edited:
Wow :shock: you've been busy :wave:

Worming does sound like hard work :lol:

Well done Treacle for losing weight :D x x

Oh you poor thing. I'm on day 12 of a 6 weeks course for two of mine but that's nothing compared to doing 10 of the little dears!

Back