• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi everybody

Hi :wave:my name is jennifer. I live in Germany as my dad is in the Army. I just joined today. My rabbit Lola died:cry: on Sunday 20th july and i am completly heartbroken she was only 2 years old and it was her birthday the day she died aswell. I had been taking her to the vets for about a week as she was not eating alot and looked weak she was not even touching her favourite treats.The vets couldn't find anything wrong with her they did x-rays which showed gas or air in her intestines but it cleared up they think she had a sore tummy so they gave her painkillers after that she started eating little hay and bits of carrot then she got worse on the 20th july she had the runs really bad on the the day she died. We took her to the vets straight away and he gave her a painkillers and checked her over. By half past 11 she jumped out of her cage and her back legs were all floppy it was horrible i thought the medicine made her drowsey and she was coming out of it. She then jumped back in and she let out a scream which lasted 5 seconds it was awful hearing my little girl in pain i will never get that sound out my head my partner picked her up and she took her last breath in his arms. We have got her cremated and she will be home with me again . I miss her so much i feel the vets could have done more to help her. I am also blaming myself which my parents and partner are telling me it's not my fault i just want her back. She was a brilliant rabbit and so beautiful i will never forget her.

Hello and welcome. Sorry to hear about your rabbit. You might like to post a tribute to her in rainbow bridge. :wave:

Hi!

I'm Lea and I'm new here too. :wave:

Such a sad storey about your bun. I'm sure everyone here can empathise - I would be heartbroken too.

You sound like a really caring owner though so I'm sure she had a happy life which is a lot more than so many poor bunnies get.

Back