• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How often do you...

Every day, its one of the main ways I can keep an eye on how much he is eating and pooing normally

Used to be once a day when i got the smaller cage.
Now with the bigger cage, i guess twice a week as well.

But after i changed the diet (type of hay as well as type of palletes), they seem to poo/pee less. So once a week will do.

I change litter trays and do a general tidy up every other day and do a full thorough clean once a week :)

Indoor buns litter tray is done every day. Outdoor buns are free range at the moment so not much to clean, but when it's hot like today I do go out and clean up their shelter and toilet areas quite frequently because I worry about the flies. :)

I do litter trays and sweep up bits of hay each day. Every few weeks I get the mats out and scrub them down....no need really as he doesnt wee on them but its seems hygenic :lol:

I have an indoor bun, so it's everyday for the litter tray and once a week for a really deep clean of the cage. There no hay or anything in there so a quick sweep everyday is fine as long as the litter trays are clean. I have found though i have to hover our house every other day or he gets dust stuck in his eyes and that's why they have been weeping.

Litter trays and general tidy up every day, whole playhouse once a week.

I also sweep and disinfect the runs every other day.

litter trays every day.
whole hutch depends on buns..some are more messy then others..so some every day..some twice a week

litter trays are every morning, and the whole hutch and crate is every few days. Also have to sweep the run every day which is a pain!! not so bad at the minuteas its dry x

litter trays every day, hutches when i think they need it :) (usualy twice a week for piggies, once a week for bunnies.)

Litter trays and random bits of mess daily.
Every two days everything comes out of the shed and gets washed/brushed and hoovered.
Once a week the floor gets washed

Back