• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it ethical to.....

Stalvros

Warren Scout
..... give your rabbits your apple/pear stalk?
(those unfinished eaten ones)

or do you just give them a fresh ones?

Rabbits should NOT be given apple cores as the pips are toxic to them. You can give a little slice of apple without the core but limit it to a treat, fruits are very high in sugar.:)

Mine get fruit cores :D If you're worried about pips just flick them out first :)

Rabbits should NOT be given apple cores as the pips are toxic to them. You can give a little slice of apple without the core but limit it to a treat, fruits are very high in sugar.:)

uh oh~
i dont think my friend knows that~
i better go tell him~
thanks for the info though, thank god i asked!

I think his rabbits has eaten the pips several times by now~

Mine get fruit cores :D If you're worried about pips just flick them out first :)

I never gave mine them (for reasons stated in this thread), then one day Daisy got an apple core out of the bin... by the time I got to her, all that was left were the pips in a little pile on the floor :lol::lol::lol:. After that I didn't worry about her eating them.

My mistake, this is the first time my friend ever did that -_-.
He also told me that the pip has been left and not eaten.

Just out of curiosity, is the pip THAT dangerous?
Like what happens if say..... a rabbit swallowed 1 of the pip?
(Just 1 time of course)

1 pip might not be too dangerous as...

It would take a cupful to kill a human and you would need to chew all the pips to release the cyanide.

Unchewed pips wont hurt you.

Considering the small size of a bunny it would take a lot less pips to make them ill though.

I always give deej the cores and eat the fruit myself, I just take all the pips out first though!

Back