• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Attempt a bond when..

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Just had my reminders through about booster vacs for myxi which are due 5th of august. I think Jazz gets annoyed when Eclipse comes near hutch and he goes for gizmo... anyway do you think I should try and bond them when they go to the vets by putting them all in the same box, this means a car journey and then I could put them in the run in the front garden (neutral territory) if it goes well I was then also thinking of completly changing the layout of the existing enclosure by tiling in and putting new bark down and getting rid of scents etc.. do you think its too risky as Iv already seen Jazz get jealous? or do you think he will stop when hes on the car ride (he gets quite scared in the car) I'd love to have a trio but i'm scared!

p.s all 3 are boys minus their bits :lol: and Jazz and Gizmo are already bonded and have been for over a year.

No, bonding immediatly before and after any activity whihc stresses the immune system including surgery or vaccination should be avoided.

Rabbits need to be at optimum condition prior to vaccination as the immune system becomes compromised.

It is better to leave bonding until 2 weeks after this.

Just reread your post - is this a 3 boy bond you are going for?

Ok I will leave it. yes it is a 3 boy bond if I go ahead with it.. it would be nice to have them as a group because I cant afford another bun to be friends with eclispe.

Back