• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help French lops needing homes - Letchworth, Herts

Kay

Mama Doe
Can anyone help me please?

What can only be discribed as an idiot at work has breed French Lops because he was going to sell them to a pet shop. Anyway the pet shop doesn't want them now and he has obviously heard that I volunteer at a rescue.

I know Caroline has no room but left in this guys hands these bunnies are going to multiply. The below is his email. I only have a spare 4ft hutch so not sure what to do really, can anyone help??

-----------
We have six baby rabbits that need homes.

They are 3 & 1/2 months old and the boys and girls are all in together.(well running round the garden during the day)

And in a run/cage at night.

I believe there are 2 boys and 4 girls but we are no experts.

When fully grown they are about 18 inches long.

They are very friendly and used to children.

If you need any more info let me know.

Last edited:
Oh no so the babies could be preg too:shock:. Try pm kayj she maybe able to help and if she can't I am sure she will know someone who can:D

I will have a word with my friend and fosterer to see what we can do. Could a bunnyrun be organised if we can help

That would be great if you could. I am happy to drive as far as I can. I don't know the distance from Letchworth to Lancashire.

Well done Kayj, I hope that Kay has told this guy what a :censored: he is for breeding them.

Always the rescues that pick the pieces up drives me MAD!

Well done Kayj, I hope that Kay has told this guy what a :censored: he is for breeding them.

Always the rescues that pick the pieces up drives me MAD!

Hiya, he certainly has had a piece of my mind and I have bombarded him with information about rescues etc. Considering he isn't even offering a donation too!

If anyone can help I can drive on Sunday. Its a 3 hour drive so if anyone can help do a bunny run that would be great. I get nervous driving after an accident :oops:

good on you kay.
i hope he does offer a donation, its the least he could do. getting them all neutred/vac is not going to be cheap.

good on you kay.
i hope he does offer a donation, its the least he could do. getting them all neutred/vac is not going to be cheap.

I know. He is apparently leaving the company in two weeks time ( I think they let him go) and he says he has no money! Perhaps I can try and rehome them myself and not put a rescue in stress?

I know. He is apparently leaving the company in two weeks time ( I think they let him go) and he says he has no money! Perhaps I can try and rehome them myself and not put a rescue in stress?

No I would go through Kayj as you know she is fab, It is not the rabbits fault.

I just cant get my head around this type of thing. Maybe its because I am aware of it. I couldnt ever run a rescue because I would be up for murder a few times ;)

I know I asked him what made him try breeding when by his own admission he doesn't know anything. He said it was an accident, but to be honest I think that he was trying to bump his wages up. He said he has to rehome them by Saturday!!!, so I guess they will have to stay in my garden. I have one spare hutch and a run and one enclosed run which will have to pinch off Arthur and put a dog cage in there.

Arthur will still have the rest of the garden whats left of it.

I know I asked him what made him try breeding when by his own admission he doesn't know anything. He said it was an accident, but to be honest I think that he was trying to bump his wages up. He said he has to rehome them by Saturday!!!, so I guess they will have to stay in my garden. I have one spare hutch and a run and one enclosed run which will have to pinch off Arthur and put a dog cage in there.

Arthur will still have the rest of the garden whats left of it.

This is alot of stress for you too. Its a good job hes got you xx

Yeah it is, I am just phoning round to see if anyone of my bunny savvy friends can offer a home to any of them too.

Your a star. My partner said 'they can only stay for one night' but I'll work round him till your ready :lol:

I am hoping that Caroline can pop in mine on Sunday and help me sex them - need to get them separated asap.

KayJ Do you have a rehoming form I should get him to sign or shall I use one of our forms? Ta xx

Back