• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What a Morning !!

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Fred is a Bun with known congenital Dental issues. This morning I was examining his mouth but he was being difficult about letting me put the 'scope in. So I did my usual 'insert my little finger in Bunny mouth to feel for molar spurs. Fred clamped his jaws catching my finger :shock: I then heard a crunch of bone......MINE :shock: This made me feel faint and I had to slide down to the floor, take deep breaths and try not to pass out :shock:
Oh, I had removed my finger from Fred's mouth by this time......OMG did my finger bleed :shock:

Meantime Fred just looked at me as if to say 'What the ****** '

Hey-ho, Fred is having another Dental on Monday :rolleyes:

:shock:Oh no.I think i would have fainted.
Hope Freds dental goes well and your finger gets better.

:shock::shock::shock:

I wouldn't dare put my finger in Fidget's mouth :shock:.

Hope your finger recovers soon Jane!

Thanks all :)

No stitch required, being a puncture wound it's probably best left open anyway. It doesn't arf throb !!

:roll:

goodness you are very brave i know for sure if i put my fingers in doras mouth i will get eaten alive...il leave the check ups to the vet thankyou very much!!! lol poor you hope your finger gets better...naughty bun!

Jane, you goofy. Why don't you use the bi-valve speculum to open Fred's mouth? And see it w/ the lighter that c/w the unit? I am pretty sure you have 1 of those

Jane, you goofy. Why don't you use the bi-valve speculum to open Fred's mouth? And see it w/ the lighter that c/w the unit? I am pretty sure you have 1 of those

I do but as I said Fred was not being at all co-operative and kept chomping on the specula so all I could see was his tongue !!
I have never had a problem using the 'little finger' technique before.......:?

Probably better type a disclaimer- DONT TRY THIS AT HOME :roll:

Another vet that I used to have also use that technique, and she used that trick w/ Goofball. Same thing, it's supposed to let the bun knows the finger's temp. is human, not an instrumental, but Goofball also bite her finger. However, it did work just after, although I won't try that myself neither

Back