• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some EATING vibes for Rudy please? U/D He's had his dental and now back home again!

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
Rudy has only been with me six weeks but was settling in fine until the last few days when he seemed a bit miserable.
Yesterday he stopped eating hard food (normally a really greedy bunny) and the vet confirmed he needed some
molar spurs burring. He was eating Science Recovery and a bit of hay and didn't seem so bad yesterday evening
but hasn't eaten very much at all today. I took him back to the vets today and his 'lungs are a little rattly'.
His temperature was fine and he seemed reasonably active and not dehydrated. He did however have a wet nose
which was of concern. He may or may not be having the dental tomorrow depending on whether they think he's okay to
have the general anaesthetic, otherwise it will be antibiotics and syringe feeding!

Any vibes you can spare would be greatly appreciated!

Here's a picture of him a few weeks ago settling in:
PICT2740.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I don't feel I've really got to know him yet as he's such a quiet little soul. I hope he understands how much I want him to come back :cry:

I really hope that Rudy pulls through he obviously has a lovely new kind mummy who loves him dearly.Fingers crossed for the lovely little chap:love::love:

Well Rudy's been syringe fed over night, given medications etc and he's quite lively this morning (even described as cheeky!). He's eaten some grass on his own!! It's still a bit too risky to do a GA as he has some pasturella symptoms but they haven't got worse.... So they are keeping an eye on him with a view to do the dental when it's deemed safe. There's a really obvious molar spur now and a red patch in his cheek.

Poor little baby. At least he's sounding a bit happier.

Update He's Having His Dental!

Just a quick update.

It's been decided it's the best option to go for the dental at this stage so he's being done this afternoon. I may be picking him up this evening depending on his progress (fingers crossed).

Any vibes coming his way would be appreciated!

He's back home. :D:D

He still needs close monitoring and care but he's back!

He's got a very sore tongue bless him so no doubt it will be a few days before he's happy again.

:love:Oh how lovely! Thank you. Perhaps I should show him a picture of Tinks to help speed his recovery!

(He's just gone and sat on his 'potty' how exciting is that?? I guess you have to 'live rabbits' to find such things exciting :oops::oops:)

she's quite good for a five month old hehe!!

Yes I know what you mean :oops: was quite exceted about the fact all my foster buns at the mo are very good potty users, and have all graduated to carpet lined hutchs!! Yay

Back