• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Volunteering this Sat at a rabbit rescue

Lread

Young Bun
I'm going to give a few hours of my Saturday morning at a rabbit rescue every few weeks, I'm so excited.

Hopefully learn lots more about rabbits and gain some experience.

I have had my three rabbit for 3 years - molly and poppet are 3 and Mow is 1. I had never had rabbit before and this site has been a god send.

And hopefully not full in love with them all and want to bring them home. :lol:

Can anyone share there experiences of volunteering?

Can't wait for Saturday. Louise

I've been going every week to Hopper Haven on a Thursday for around 18 months, and love it!
I do a variety of things from mucking out, repairing hutches and aviaries, building lofts and shelves in the sheds for the rabbits, clearing ground to construct new enclosures and fostering bunnies.
OF course I only had 2 of my own bunnies when I started - I now have 8 plus the foster buns:lol:

I'm sure you'll enjoy it, and it's nice going home knowing that you've done something nice for the rabbits - even if it's just a nice clean bed for them!

I just wish I lived closer to the rescue though, as its a 20+ mile journey, so can only manage once a week.

I'm in a similar position. I'm starting with KayJ at Bunny Hop on Monday cos it's the school hols and I can't think of a better way to spend a summer away from kids, as spend it with a load of rabbits, gossip and tea with kay. Yey!!! :thumb:

Good luck, and enjoy!!

Lisa and the buns xx

Back