• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Briar Patch

Squizz

Alpha Buck
Hi

Does anyone have a contact number for Briar Patch rescue in Essex other than the one on their website (0208 500 4128) i can't get in contact with anyone. My husband emailed them a few weeks ago as he wanted to make a donation and didn't hear anything from that, so they obviously don't use email....

My Hamish needs a wife! he will be getting anxious if I can't find him one. Or are there any other rescues in Essex?

Thanks in advance

They have two websites, for some reason the old one is still accessible. Here is the current website:

http://www.briarpatchrescue.com/

As you can see, they are not rehoming this year, but may open again next year.

Noooooooooooo! My poor Hamish will be so upset. Explains why they haven't answered our messages though.

There doesn't seem to be any rescues in my part of Essex - maybe it's a sign that I should start one!

What type of bunny is Hamish? Maybe we have a suitable wife for him at ARC? We are in the south west of London, but we offer a bonding service and rehome to people all over the country.
My foster bunny is a cheeky girl, who's looking for a boyfriend. She is a bit shy, but very friendly, and she shredded the bottom of a bag of compost yesterday. :lol:

What type of bunny is Hamish? Maybe we have a suitable wife for him at ARC? We are in the south west of London, but we offer a bonding service and rehome to people all over the country.
My foster bunny is a cheeky girl, who's looking for a boyfriend. She is a bit shy, but very friendly, and she shredded the bottom of a bag of compost yesterday. :lol:

He is a lop, under a year old, neutered and vaccinated. He is a lovely bunny, doesn't like being caught, but loves strokes. He has a very nice nature. This is a fairly recent photo of him http://picasaweb.google.com/annalouiselangley/MooFrabbitAndThePlops/photo#5221010289108554050

So when people get bunnies from you can they bring their rabbit to the rescue for bonding?

hey im from Essex,

if you PM StarlightsAnimalSanctuary she has a rescue in dagenham, and also there is this one
http://www.blackberrypatch.plus.com/index.htm
in chelmsford, ive never been there though

Im in essex but i went to Bury St Edmonds for my rescue bun which actually didnt take that long, only about an hour

http://www.rspcasuffolk.org.uk/small_animals_wanting_homes.htm
and they have lots of bunnies at the moment

hope ive helped!

Thanks that's really helpful - Chelmsford would be perfect its only 20 minutes drive from me. I guess I am just being a bit lazy and not wanting to travel too far!

Everything is fine. Eve's decision remains personal, but lets hope that she continues her excellent work in the future. I know I and the rabbits in Essex miss her a great deal.

Thanks that's really helpful - Chelmsford would be perfect its only 20 minutes drive from me. I guess I am just being a bit lazy and not wanting to travel too far!

lol i would have gone there if id have known, ive never been there myself but i have emailed her once and she seems really nice and friendly.

x

lol i would have gone there if id have known, ive never been there myself but i have emailed her once and she seems really nice and friendly.

x

I just called, she is lovely and has over 40 rabbits at the moment. and more wanting to get in each day. so sad.

Only problem is the girls aren't spayed, so Id have the horrible job of taking the new bun to the vets for that :(

I live in essex and I went to ARC to get Bugsy Husbun Alfie only took about 1 hour from Brentwood if you go on the M25 :D

That's not bad - I was thinking it would be a nightmare journey - I'm in South Woodham Ferrers - so about 30 mins from Brentwood. 1.5 hours is OK, assuming Hamish doesn't mind!

Everything is fine. Eve's decision remains personal, but lets hope that she continues her excellent work in the future. I know I and the rabbits in Essex miss her a great deal.

Awww bless her I hope that she does continue but if she doesnt she has done her stint in helpijg lots of bunnies :thumb:

That's not bad - I was thinking it would be a nightmare journey - I'm in South Woodham Ferrers - so about 30 mins from Brentwood. 1.5 hours is OK, assuming Hamish doesn't mind!

Just don't go on the North Circular! My O/H made me go that way and took over 3 hours :shock: we went my way home (M25) back within the hour :lol:

Back