• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nightmare, we have babies

kayj

Wise Old Thumper
I took in a family of rabbits about 3wks ago, it was mum, babies and dad. Unfortunately the girl I took them off hadn't split them up until she found the babies a week later, so know I don't just have the original 5 babies mum as given birth to at least another 5 last night:shock: this doesn't include the one that she had put out of the nest that was dead. This morning was like a mad panic to get the older babies out of the hutch as mum was going for them if they as muched moved anywhere near the nest. Just what I need 10 babies:roll:. Mum as gone really scrawny so I am going to be adding some porridge to her diet.

Awww - you'd had a good run recently with a couple of "risky" buns you took in:D

Poor mum must be worn out:cry:

Aww Kay - you said you thought this might happen. What a shame for all the family, she must be worn out. What will you do with the 4 week old babies?

I have had to remove the older ones unfortunately cos overnight mum had actually bitten a couple to keep them away from the other babies. This morning was like a mad house (nothing unusual there I know:oops::lol::lol:) I had David making a hutch up for the older ones, I was trying to see how many babies she as had:roll:

I took in a family of rabbits about 3wks ago, it was mum, babies and dad. Unfortunately the girl I took them off hadn't split them up until she found the babies a week later, so know I don't just have the original 5 babies mum as given birth to at least another 5 last night:shock: this doesn't include the one that she had put out of the nest that was dead. This morning was like a mad panic to get the older babies out of the hutch as mum was going for them if they as muched moved anywhere near the nest. Just what I need 10 babies:roll:. Mum as gone really scrawny so I am going to be adding some porridge to her diet.

Good luck with them all Kay

Back