• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am I stupid? Sexing buns

jackiestone

Warren Veteran
I have looked at this thread http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=46514 but what do you do if your bunnies bits look like both pictures???I cant keep Stumpy on his back for very long to take a photo,hubby and I both tried a min ago,we put him down on the floor and he started honking and stamping his feet at us :roll:No wonder vets and pet shop staff get it wrong.It looks like Stumpy has a penis but it has a rounded bit at the end like female bits :oops::oops::oops:I am at the vets so often that I wont make a special journey just to sex him,but of course he might grow testicles in the meantime,hopefully.Of course I need to know before neutering :roll:

Why do you need to know before neutering?

Let the vet know that you think he's a he but you're not sure; it's not like the vet will stop cos he's actually got a doe instead of a buck.

Have you tried just gently puting two fingers either side of there bits and press gently to see if a little winkie comes out if one comes out its a boy and if one doesn't its usally a girl.

I have put two pics on another thread,they are the best that i can do,i hope they are clear enough,thank you for your replies:wave:

My vets held my bun so that her bum and legs were on the floor so she couldn't kick out when she sexed her - this might be easier :)

Back