• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Out for a run?

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Do you think its ok to just let the bunnies out in their runs rather than free range in the garden? Jazz and Gizmo have a massive enclosure and Eclipse has a 7ft x 3ft run they all get locked in at night but do you think a whole day in these is enough.

Im stuggling to find time to let them free range supervised at the moment. plus I cant let Jazz and Giz out in the garden because when they see Eclipse, they fight.

I think as long as you are providing a large run, then this should be ok. It is hard to find the time when you have to "rota" different rabbits. I have a free range pair and a pair in a run. I try to let the second pair out, free range, for a couple of hours every day which is ok with long daylight hours in the summer, but Im not sure how I will rota it in the winter. Perhaps let yours go free range when you find you do have the time to supervise them.

Maybe it depends on the individual rabbit?

From my experience, I have never seen a run that can compare to free ranging in the garden. My rabbits have always behaved totally differently when free range than when in a run.

Only my own opinion though!

Back