• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

My little girl has very loose stools & is not eating :(

The Wiggies

New Kit
Hi Guys
I wonder if anyone is able to help. I went down to my two bunnys at 7am and big wig was not her usual self - she always comes to the front of the cage asap for breakfast! This am, she was hunched at the back of the cage, not interested in food (she has had a case of GI stastis around 6M ago) and has produced alot of very loose stools - i have cleaned her up, offered her favourite food & water but she is not interested :( i gave her a dose of the good bacteria stuff i have from the vets - my OH is at home (i am stuck at work - people dont get how important my bunnies are to me here) with her now and keeping her cleaned up etc - should i get her to the vets this pm for pain relief (she is grinding her teeth) in the hope this makes her eat? I am thinking of giving a few doses of pineapple via syringe or critical care, but is the loose poos that are worring me.

I am wondering if i should continue to offer greens and pellet - or just hey/grass? Currently both have Excel pellets (what the vet recommended) but i seem to have nothing but problems (2 cases of statis in 6ms now this)

Any help will be very very gratefully received. My heart is breaking as I lost my Sooty two years ago and I can’t bear to loose my special girl

Many thanks

Zoe x

Update - No more poo's produced since 7.30am, she is cleaning herself which i am hoping is a good sign, going to leave work early cause i cant stand not being with her :(

Last edited:
Hi Guys
I wonder if anyone is able to help. I went down to my two bunnys at 7am and big wig was not her usual self - she always comes to the front of the cage asap for breakfast! This am, she was hunched at the back of the cage, not interested in food (she has had a case of GI stastis around 6M ago) and has produced alot of very loose stools - i have cleaned her up, offered her favourite food & water but she is not interested :( i gave her a dose of the good bacteria stuff i have from the vets - my OH is at home (i am stuck at work - people dont get how important my bunnies are to me here) with her now and keeping her cleaned up etc - should i get her to the vets this pm for pain relief (she is grinding her teeth) in the hope this makes her eat? I am thinking of giving a few doses of pineapple via syringe or critical care, but is the loose poos that are worring me.

I am wondering if i should continue to offer greens and pellet - or just hey/grass? Currently both have Excel pellets (what the vet recommended) but i seem to have nothing but problems (2 cases of statis in 6ms now this)

Any help will be very very gratefully received. My heart is breaking as I lost my Sooty two years ago and I can’t bear to loose my special girl

Many thanks

Zoe x

Update - No more poo's produced since 7.30am, she is cleaning herself which i am hoping is a good sign, going to leave work early cause i cant stand not being with her :(

I would definately get her to the Vet ASAP as tooth grinding is a sign of severe pain :cry:
I would not administer any Pineapple juice, the sugars in it will exacerbate the gut dysbiosis.
Can your OH get her to the Vets now ?

many thanks for you replies - OH is now at work too...but i will be disapearing asap an get her in late afternoon. Had an updated from OH, she is drinking, had a second dose of the phrobiotic and put up a fight having her bum washed, so hoping my spirited little girl is a little better.

Also wondering is anyone has any comments on the best pellets to feed both the bunnies - as Excel just seems problem after problem? I've had 2 cases on GI stasis in 6ms (one each) now this....my vet is a good bloke but not overly knowledgable and teld to do what i say...from the info i get from here! I make sure both Buns have fresh hay and greens each day as well as their pellets.

Zoe x

Back