• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

uuumm rabbit boarding

rachelsawyer

Warren Scout
Hi, just had an alamring thought. When Hector came to live with us Bella and Buster had a major fight. I accidently put some washing out in the Garden at the weekend that Hector must have chinned and they had a little scuffle. I immediatley realised it must have been the washing so grabbed it in, they were fine after that. My concern now is that if they were to go to rabbit boarding and there were rabbits staying who were un-neutered but could smell them near by wouldnt all hell break loose??? im worried now. :roll::roll:

Last edited:
It doesn't seem to cause a problem Rachel.

At Green Fields, being a rescue and boarding, there have often been unneutered animals in close proximity but I don't think that it was ever a problem.

In a boarding hutch/shed, there will always be an array of smells for the buns to pick up on, not just one competitor. Not only that, the buns are out of their own environment (as they were when they came to me) and will actually stick to each other more for that reason.

I don't think you'll have an issue, and if you choose a reputable boarding place then they will be able to deal with all eventuality anyway.:D

Helen

I have a very territorial male who would take out his referred aggression on his brother with other rabbits in the vicinity. This is calming down now as he is getting used to my two other rabbits being "in his space". He considers the whole garden to be his space as he is a free range rabbit.:roll:

This was a worry for me when they have been boarding but luckily no problems have arisen and they have boarded twice now.

I think when they are boarding its new territory for them and they dont consider any of it their territory and so arent defensive over it.

Mine only show this referred aggression if they can see the other rabbits, so if you are sending them to boarding I would just ask that if they start to scuffle, do they have somewhere where their view of other rabbits can be blocked?

Donnamts Alvin did this whilst at Hopper Haven, and Lou just blocked his view and it stopped straight away.

I have two pairs that do this - it drives me nuts!!

i think the reason it doesnt prove a problem at boarding is becaus ethe territory there is not belonging to anyone so therefore there is nothing to fight over as such sometimes you may get an initial minor scuffle to sort out who is boss of new territory between the buns there but not one resulting in injury. t

my two buns sometimes do it when we have boarders here but then they make up lol!

if i ever have buns where this could be an issue they are boarded in our brick 'shed' away from other buns, so its worth finding out if anywhere local ot you could keep them seperate but as other people have said bcus its not their enviroment...they will probably cling to each other!

Thanks for the responses, i feel a lot more happier now. I was starting to go into panick mode but like Duchess/Helen said they were fine when they went to her to be rebonded. I am going away in Feb next year for 2 weeks. Anyone know of anywhere in Berkshire?
Like you say if they are reptuble boarders then they would have something in place or would do something if this cropped up! :)

Thanks for the responses, i feel a lot more happier now. I was starting to go into panick mode but like Duchess/Helen said they were fine when they went to her to be rebonded. I am going away in Feb next year for 2 weeks. Anyone know of anywhere in Berkshire?
Like you say if they are reptuble boarders then they would have something in place or would do something if this cropped up! :)

i dont know any borders round here but if you get stuck and its closer to the time if im not doing anything maybe they could stay here.... we shall speak closer to the time though maybe?x

edited: just looked it up on google greenfields rabbit rescue do boarding there (dont know why i didnt think about it before!!)

Last edited:
i dont know any borders round here but if you get stuck and its closer to the time if im not doing anything maybe they could stay here.... we shall speak closer to the time though maybe?x

edited: just looked it up on google greenfields rabbit rescue do boarding there (dont know why i didnt think about it before!!)

Duh i am thick i didnt think of them, and there is the little warrens in farnborough forgot about that.
I will check dates with them. Thanks for the offer, if I struggle maybe we could have a little chat nearer the time?
Thanks xx

as you're quite close it may be nice to meet sometime anyway...would love to meet another forum member its always fun doing that and the buns are always gorgeous! lol

Yeh that would be really nice, i hope age doesnt matter! :roll:

what is that supposed to mean?! lol that is silly regardles if you are 16 (any younger and you have to ask your mum first!) up to 100years old you would still be welcome to visit/meet.the kettle here is almost always on for a cuppa t! (im 22 and boyf 26 if you wondered)

what is that supposed to mean?! lol that is silly regardles if you are 16 (any younger and you have to ask your mum first!) up to 100years old you would still be welcome to visit/meet.the kettle here is almost always on for a cuppa t! (im 22 and boyf 26 if you wondered)

WELL flippin heck thats great then cause im soon to be 21 in a a couple of weeks time and my husband it 27 - bit of an age gap:oops:. ( i know young to be married but i wouldnt change anything for the world) :roll:

I think there is also the Doe Drop Inn in Camberley if Greenfields are booked up, as I think they get quite busy (must be a good sign!).

I have met bunlover/katie btw and she is lovely! :D we had a good chat whilst sitting on my hallway floor while de pooing a bunny LOL

Back