• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stumpy Bit me and it is bleeding

jackiestone

Warren Veteran
My beautiful and very tame bunny is wonderful in every way except the biting which is hurting more and more as he gets bigger.He will come up to you and just sniff you or sit with you fine,but if you put your hand in front of him to say fill his food bowl up or to lift him to put him in the run or get the dustpan and brush and sweep near him,or put a piece of veg infront of his face he will bite hard and it stings for at least five mins,today one of his bites drew blood.I have been playing with him for an hour or so and he has bitten me twice.If I walk away or squeel like you do when a puppy nips you will this work?How do I stop him,he is lovely in every other way,affectionate and so brave and is clean and using his litter tray,so otherwise perfect.:love: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=139673&highlight=stumpy

Last edited:
Naughty Stumpy.Willow is a grumpy so and so and he growls,grunts and tries to bite me.I wont let Willow dominate me If hes being naughty I pick him up and sit down with him on my lap and let him have his hissy fit and eventually he will calm down and realize he can grunt and growel as much as he likes but he cant frighten me and wont win.Ive been injecting Willow and applying Flamazine cream to his paws twice daily for the last week and he now realises I'm not going to hurt him and hes calming down.

Evo bites like this, when I'm cleaning his litter tray or similar. He is neutered, so I think it's just one of those things. Luckily he doesn't bite hard, just growls and grazes me with his teeth. :lol:

you sure he isnt a she??

The lady that I got him from said he was a boy,he has no plums yet and each time I look I cant decide from his other bits if he is male or female,he does behave like my female did before her spay.He is only 13 weeks so not neutered but I shall ask the vet

Hi Jackie, Hector is neutered but he still nips. I was sweeping out his littler tray and he was attacking the pan and brush. He tugs at my clothes too. Sometimes will nip my hands but is a very affectionate boy who gives kisses on my lips.

Hmmmm.. Ghostie has given me a nasty bite, but she was very stressed.
I'd take him to the vets for a 'complimentry' check up with a nurse (i didn't have to pay anything) and they sex them etc.
Then you'll see what sex he is, but if he's a neutured male, he'll just have to be re-named Grumpy Stumpy!

When we first got Oscar he used to bite a bit, but i think he was just testing the water to see what he could get away with. My partner was really good as whenever he gave a bite he would make this horrible really loud high pitched scream, that made everyone in the house jump including Oscar. He doesn't bite anymore just little tiny nips when he wants a stoke, or he may pull at my shoe if I'm in his way.

Our Poppy bit me yesterday for the 1st time when I went to try & stroke her nose through the bars of her hutch:shock:I jumped as she has'nt done it before but at the same time said NO in a load voice & she seemed to jump a bit at the same time:roll: so far she has'nt done it again.TBH as Poppy is our 1st bun I do seem to treat her a bit like a puppy & will tell her NO when she tries to go places in the garden which I feel are'nt safe for her like on the rockery above the pond. So far so good as she seems to be taking notice:roll:

Back